1/48 Me 410A-1/U-2 Dietrich Puttfarken - Me/FW Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Harrison. No I don't have that one but am waiting on the other one by Petrick and Stocker.

The pressure is on for sure! Chris, thanks for the links. Had them bookmarked already for references!

So far all I have done on the kit was shook out the parts and glued the rudder pedals to the cockpit floor.

No real news. Still trying to select a scheme and am leafing thru the Petrick/Stocker book twhich arrived today.

Getting a little interested in the rig flown by Rudi Dassow. Word has it he was flying Me 410 A-1, 3U+MM WNr 420 509 when he was shot down on June 21 1944. Anyone have any info on what this aircraft looked like? He was with Stab II./ZG 26 at the time so Green "M"? Will keep looking.

I'll land on one eventually Wayne but remain open to suggestions. The fact that Dassow had the same birth date as me and that he was one of the highest scoring 410 pilots had piqued my interest but the lack of photo references and confirmed armament configution kind of dampens things.

There will be a choice made by the end of the weekend as I'll have scoured my new book by then.

Actually I don't think the Hungarians used the 410 anyway Chris, rather modified Me 210s. The Me 210Ca-1 atleast was a locally manufactured variant comprising a basic 210 with modified avionics and extended rear fueslage of the 410.

(Variants I know of in Hungarian use were the Me 210Ca-E (close range recon), Ca-1 (high speed bomber) and Da-0 (long range recon) aircraft. Also read reference to an Me 210D (close range recon), though not sure if this is a different version to the Da-0.)

Actually I don't think the Hungarians used the 410 anyway Chris, rather modified Me 210s. The Me 210Ca-1 atleast was a locally manufactured variant comprising a basic 210 with modified avionics and extended rear fueslage of the 410.

(Variants I know of in Hungarian use were the Me 210Ca-E (close range recon), Ca-1 (high speed bomber) and Da-0 (long range recon) aircraft. Also read reference to an Me 210D (close range recon), though not sure if this is a different version to the Da-0.)

Correct my friend. :D

Cheers for the confirmation Paul!

As an aside, they were produced at the Dunai Repülőgépgyár Rt. (Danube Aircraft Factory) at Horthyliget, Budapest, and the small 'a' (Ca-1, Da-0, etc) stands for 'Ausland' ('Foreign').

Users who are viewing this thread

Back