1/72 Sm 82 Marsupiale; 205 Sq, 12 Stormo B.T.; Gadurra, Rhodes, 1940 MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

<tapping watch to make sure it's working>

Your watch is working just fine ..... :lol:

Okay here are the in-progress pics:
#1 is the main wing flap with the plasti-card extender shown,
#2 is a closeup with the flap in place (just dry fitted) showing how the gap is now closed,
#3 and 4 are side views - the landing gear is simply taped into place while I made sure I got the dihedral right. Rudder and rear aeilerons will be added later. The camo on the side got messed up in a couple of places - nothing that can't be fixed later.

Oh and yes, the canopy has been masked off but I also masked off the interior of the canopy and airbrushed it to mask the plane interior. :) Hence the green tint to the canopy.

And the dark line running down the very front on the plane is NOT a seam line. It's a pencil mark I added to make sure the dihedral is okay.

Attachments

• IMG_0206v2.JPG
    IMG_0206v2.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0202v2.JPG
    IMG_0202v2.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0200v2.JPG
    IMG_0200v2.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0201v2.JPG
    IMG_0201v2.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
And one more pic:

This is the starboard wing underside with the Flat Aluminum Finish applied. I used Tamiya Flat Aluminum (XF-16) thinned 50% with Tamiya Thinner. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0210v2.JPG
    IMG_0210v2.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Looking good mate - and rather large!

Yeah she's a big b$tch - ain't she. :lol: Wingspan is just around 16 inches and that's at 1/72 scale!

I was doing some more reading on the plane and she got her nickname, "Marsupiale", because of her cargo carrying capacity. On more than one occassion the SM 82 was used to ferry a complete CR 42 to Africa. :)

Now THAT's big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back