2014 Foto Fest Mk.II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good one Jeff, although rather strange having the early red-bordered markings on a 'J' model. Have a great weekend at 'Thunder' - looking forward to seeing some pics.

Well fellas I arrived home about an hour ago and all I can say is Thunder was pretty gosh darned good. Great variety of aircraft, some pretty good flying and decent weather for the whole three days.

Thunder pics will appear in time, I have not yet even loaded them into the computer.

IMG_0539_zpscf365fc2.jpg

Cheers,

Jeff

Very nice Jeff. A few things...there are a few photos missing on pg. 1 and 2 from Photobucket. Why do I know this? Well, in post #252, the photo of the Lizzie, there is a Harvard banking away, yellow with camo wings(I went back through all 18 pages to look for it). As a modeler of odd paint schemes, that really interest me. Any info on it?

Geo

Very nice Jeff. A few things...there are a few photos missing on pg. 1 and 2 from Photobucket. Why do I know this? Well, in post #252, the photo of the Lizzie, there is a Harvard banking away, yellow with camo wings(I went back through all 18 pages to look for it). As a modeler of odd paint schemes, that really interest me. Any info on it?

Geo

You mean this bird

IMG_0020 (2).JPG

IMG_0021 (2).JPG

IMG_0022 (2).JPG

IMG_0651.JPG

t6.JPG

I have more of this bird if you need them.

Question about directly uploading pictures to the post. Is there a file size limit? It seems if I try to upload a pic that is more tham 5mb in size it will not load.

Cheers,

jeff

Your pics are still loading as I type. No reason for them to be 4.75Mb in size. Mine are all about 150Kb ad are resized in Photoshop.

I started directly loading pictures to the posts. These images are straight from my computer and that large size is the actual file size of the picture. How do I resize them in my computer without loading them to a photo hosting website. I shoot at the highest resolution possible ( excepting RAW ) as the quality of the photo when appearing on a computer screen or if one prints a large copy of the picture, is so much better.

I realize the load time is a bit much, I don't like waiting either so if someone can teach me how to resize for the purposes of posting here it would be very much appreciated.

Anyhow, here is today's photo.

IMG_0511_zpsf03c64d9.jpg

Cheers,

Jeff

:cool:

If yupo want to resize down your pics you may use the Irfanview free program. It is an image browser and offers many other options for working with shots. I don't know what browser you use but the one installed with Windows should do the same.

Last edited:
Jeff, as suggested by Wojtek, download, for free, 'Irfanview'.
Open the programme, then click on 'File' at the top left of the menu bar on the top of the screen.
Select the photo file you want, then select the image you want.
Then click on 'Image' on the menu bar at the top.. A screen will appear where you will see a box for 'Resize/Resample.
Enter the width as 800 pxls, then click 'OK'.
This will automatically re-size the image.
If you don't want to save this permanently in the same file, then click 'Save as', and give the image a separate name, then click 'OK'.
This is a very quick and simple programme to use, and also allows you to change contrast, brightness, colour balance etc, if required.
Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back