Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Portugal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other:

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
For patriotic reasons, I'd like to vote USA but I think it's unlikely for the men. So, for ethnic reasons, Italy or England, and I like Italian food better.

There is only one real World Cup, and Rugby sure as hell aint it...;)

Must be the Field Hockey then. The championship has just finished in The Hague. I notice the Dutch women are world champions again along with the Aussie men. Both finals were Netherlands v Australia!
Steve

I have never understood why people who dislike the sport have to waste their time in a thread about the sport and attempt to ruin it for those that enjoy the sport. Same story in every forum.

And on to the topic...

Great dominating performance by Germany today.

Great start for the USA as well.

Shaping up to a good championship so far, seen some great football already, the crowd in the bar last night were so drunk that half didnt notice the fourth goal.

I'm thinking Brazil is not as good as everyone wants them to be.

After the 1st week of play I think the 3 teams with the best shot are Germany, Netherlands and Italy.

Yea, I read an article online that said FIFA is desperate for Brazil to win. I'm not saying fix, but I think for the negative P.R. image Brazil is getting away from the games.

Geo

FIFA wants Brazil to win because of ticket sales, to overcome the bad publicity and because they are afraid of riots.

It was obviously true in how they called Brazil's first game.

As a team though Brazil is not very good this year. I hope FIFA does not make a farce out of it.

Me too David. I was just looking around to find predictions of who would win and for the first time, I found out how much it cost Brazil to host this. I can now understand the protests.

Geo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back