A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just delivered....

IMG_20140726_120211_zpskvviyec3.jpg

Just had a quick scan...some pics and artwork is just wow!

Again, makes me wonder about my fascination/obsession with this ship...

Oh well, see what else is out there on the Yorktown (and CV-10)....

:thumbright:

Jan, no confirmation at all that Marseille flew a Yellow 13....

H-JM's aircraft, from Kitchens and Beaman's book.

hjmaircraft_zps03bc210e.gif

It's about as definitive as we have as of the present time.

Cheers

Steve

I may need to be corrected on this(and usually are) but I think I posted in Jan's "13" thread that Marseilles did fly a 13 and crash landed it. The book I have is by Franz Kurowski, printed 1994. I know nothing of the author or his reliability. I'll go through the book again to see if I can find it.

Geo

EDIT: I've found the book and the date coincides with aircraft number 8 on Steve's list. The author states is was numbered "Yellow 13" but no other info is given about the aircraft. Another aircraft ran out of fuel while they were heading to a new base on the same flight. If needed or wanted, I'll type out the portion of the book dealing with this incident.

Any info is always good to see if helps shed any light on the subject....

Cheers Geo!

IMG_20140726_135010_zpsigzsu8io.jpg

It was Geo, who kindly send a pdf file on this book....

IMG_20140726_144130_zpsdjwlls9f.jpg

....a book, which I own myself, together with the one about Hartmann..

I also have the F, G and K....for the '109, all at my parents though! :lol:

Cheers again Geo! :thumbright:

Just recently got from a Charity shop - General H> Norman Schwarzkopf The Autobiography - IT DOESN'T TAKE A HERO - cost £0.50 !!

Landser-esque heroic style (Der Landser - German comic book), no sources, no footnotes, no bibliography, lots of 'invented' or if you prefer 'factional' dialogue - 'novelisation' ..no other word for it. See also his "Luftwaffe Aces" - this appeared in English under his own name, but was previously published as a series of Landser booklets under the pseudo Altmann - worthless rubbish I'm afraid !

He was a German vet (signaller) and passed away in May 2011 (IIRC) - Flechsig Verlag in Germany have produced a whole string of his final writings; they generally got really bad reviews.

Landser-esque heroic style (Der Landser - German comic book), no sources, no footnotes, no bibliography, lots of 'invented' or if you prefer 'factional' dialogue - 'novelisation' ..no other word for it. See also his "Luftwaffe Aces" - this appeared in English under his own name, but was previously published as a series of Landser booklets under the pseudo Altmann - worthless rubbish I'm afraid !

He was a German vet (signaller) and passed away in May 2011 (IIRC) - Flechsig Verlag in Germany have produced a whole string of his final writings; they generally got really bad reviews.

Thanks for that FalkEins. Seeing as no one else has mentioned "Yellow 13", we are to take this with a grain of salt.

Geo

Glad you liked it amigo!

Picked up some paper myself recently:

20140727_173802.jpg

NOTE: the "Meatballs and Dead Birds" book is the 1st issue from the 70's, which has better quality picture reproduction than the more recent paperback edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back