A new book in my library. (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The PZL 42 ( in fact the modified PZL 23A ( 23/IV)) was the one with the H tail. The pic above. It was done just for trials and checking on field of fire. Also the plane was used for trials as the dive bomber. Having the problem with moving out of diving the horizontal stabilizers and elevators were enlarged. So the PZL 42 was , let's say , a prototype and there was one plane made only.

The PZL P-43 was an export variant of PZL 23 with the French Gnome-Rhone 14Ks engine of 930HP. The version appeared in 1936 because of an interest of Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey and Sweden. Because the licence agreement for Bristol Pegasus engine didn't allow to export them PZL decided to use the French one. The Gnome-Rhone engine was heavier and the fusleage had to be made longer of 0.27m comparing to the one of the PZL.23. The fuselage at the central area and at the rear gunner station got the oval shape in cross-section. The first PZL 43 was powered by the Gnome-Rhone 14Kfs , the next ones by 14Kirs. All planes were assembled and delivered to their owners in April and May 1937. In March 1938 Bulgaria ordered 42 planes PZL 43A powered by the Gnome-Rhone 14N01 engine of 980HP. 36 planes were delivered in June/August 1939 and the six ones were ready to send on the 1st September 1939.

PZL 43 with short air intake under the fuselage during trials in 1936.

PZL43_1.jpg

PZL43_2.jpg

That's another matter. The PZL.42 got the of H type just because of works on the PZL.46 Sum project that was going to be the "successor" of PZL.23 Karaś. So it is adifferent plane and the book doesn't cover it.

PZL.46/I Sum...

pzl46-3.jpg

pzl46-2.jpg

pzl46-1.jpg

PZL46Sum.jpg

PZL46Sum_1.jpg

PZL46Sum_2.jpg

PZL46Sum_3.jpg

PZL.46/II Sum..

pzl46-4.jpg

And as I hoped my other book arrived today, if you are into Finnish WWII aircraft then this is a must have, great pics, excellent accompanying profiles and part 2 still to come...:D

and here is a review of the book to scroll through on the MMP site.

MMPbooks website

Attachments

• Finnish Fighter colours_4521.jpg
    Finnish Fighter colours_4521.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 75
Good stuff. I've just obtained a badly defaced copy of 'Aircraft of the Fighting Powers', obtained from a friend for the price of a couple of pints. It's tatty, got pages missing or torn, child's drawings all over the place and so on, but it's otherwise sound, and it's the 1942 edition.

I received the Fw190 Airframe and Miniature #7 book a few days ago. Extraordinarily detailed, with a plethora of info and drawings. It's very well done, and take its rightful place in my Würger library. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back