A new book in my library. (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMG_4992.jpeg

Arrived today.
I did not know there were Stuarts in NZ service. I did not even know that NZ had tanks Ever read the book about the Stuarts in the Western Desert with the Brits? I think it is called Brazen Chariots. They cranked their new tank up, did some fast S turns, and were very pleased that nothing fell off. Sounds like a pretty low bar of expectations, but they were happy with them.

I did not know there were Stuarts in NZ service. I did not even know that NZ had tanks Ever read the book about the Stuarts in the Western Desert with the Brits? I think it is called Brazen Chariots. They cranked their new tank up, did some fast S turns, and were very pleased that nothing fell off. Sounds like a pretty low bar of expectations, but they were happy with them.
From its formation in 1939 the 2nd NZ division had a Divisional Cavalry Regt.

Then in 1943 the Division's structure was altered to convert one infantry brigade into an armoured brigade.

The 3rd NZ Div in the Pacific had an armoured regiment attached in Dec 1942 which was reduced to squadron size in mid-1943. It took Valentine tanks into action in the Solomons.

There were also Australian, Canadian, South African and Indian Army armoured units in WW2 from amongst the Commonwealth nations.

Did the Commonwealth forces even have any indigenously produced light tanks that could move fast enough to get out of their own way?

Of course they removed the turret from the Stuart and used it as a recon vehicle as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

• A4K
Back