Aircraft Identification V (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

YP-59A, modified with enclosed secondary cocpit in nose? (like Chino PoF's YP-59A formerly had, if not actualy the same plane; that plane has now been restored to the original configuration and is supposed to be ready to fly this fall)

1504L.jpg

Well done Waynos :thumbright:

Its the SAAB B17 and there might be no other plane that has those undercarriage trouser.

Here's one I've been wanting to post for a while;

fghj-1.jpg

nice one kk89, and I wondered if I made it too hard! lol

That's the most beautiful aircraft I've ever seen
Bugatti should use it to advertise the launch of the Veyron
bugatti-9.jpg

bug100-17.jpg

bug100-15.jpg

Actually the 100 would make the Veyron look ugly - not a good idea.

Where is this example located?
It's not Pensacola, but it sure looks like the Naval Aircraft Museum at Pensacola for some reason.

Looks highly unstable and severely handicapped by engineering reality. Inefficient cooling, a propshaft running between the pilots buttocks, flight controls to account for forward swept wings, non orthogonal prop (for supposed noise reduction, etc.

An engineering nightmare of zero utility.

But she sure is beautiful.

Looks highly unstable and severely handicapped by engineering reality. a propshaft running between the pilots buttocks.
An engineering nightmare of zero utility.

But she sure is beautiful.

The P-39 Cobra that flies near me makes some horrible sounds from its prop shaft (even tho its immaculate) It certainly would not instill confidence in me with the drive under my bum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back