Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think its a mock up, and its French. An early version of the Breguet Deux Ponts perhaps?

Looks like a mock up or prototype for the Nimrod forerunner (forgotten the name..)

Can't relocate the French website where I found that photo but it also came with this line drawing. They called it the Air Wibault 100. I've no idea of its history but obviously they it good enough for a mock-up.

It strikes me we are lacking a picture.

Fascinating project Graeme, do you know when its from? I wonder if it was the first attewmpt at a double decker, I've certainly seen a few but they were all post 1945.

2556661.jpg

Yes it is French. And there is a picture of it somewhere on your bookshelf ;)

Ahh..my mind is no longer sharp. You wouldn't believe how many books I thumbed through looking for that damn thing! I actually thought it may have been some sort of aerodynamic test bed for the Languedoc built from a Goeland. Nice clue, thanks. The Potez 661. I'm going to have to start looking again for more photos.

Yes, spot on. Good old Janes 1938 again. I've just built up a little stock of pics from somewhere else for future use :)

Such as;

12233457.jpg

I was struck by the similarity to the SM.79, which also began as an airliner. But it is not related to that plane Carson, as you already noted.

I'm sure they did Tzaw1. But this aint one of 'em. I would only point to the reggie as a clue for one reason.

Czech AV-57

Attachments

• [NADAS] - Atlas Letadel - Trimotorova Dopravni Letadla-123.jpg
    [NADAS] - Atlas Letadel - Trimotorova Dopravni Letadla-123.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 121

Users who are viewing this thread

Back