Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Right on both items Tzaw! and congratulations on the Salmson Phrygane which wasn't easy at all and with so many look-alikes...just for the sake of nitpicking the Vultee Vanguard should be V/61 (so it is on aerofiles)
Cheers
carson

Last edited:
Tzaw or whoever cares to anszwer this:
I have problems in identifying this a/C since you are so much better than myself would you save more headaches to the undersigned. Thanks](*,)
carson
chisa.jpg

Not easy.
Sixth (and last) prototype of Parnall N.2A Panther.
Other photo from Putnam's Parnall Aircraft Since 1914 by Kenneth E. Wixey

Attachments

• parnallpanther.jpg
    parnallpanther.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Well you can't argue with Mr Putnam! :)
The DT-2B. Was it based on the DT-2? If so, they certainly trimmed the fat off it!
Graeme,
You are right, the look of that "supposed" DT-2B was quite different from standard DT-2 :confused:
And it matches perfectly with DWC profile...
Is Putnam wrong? :rolleyes:
Might that be a retouched photo?
It's a mystery to me...

Cheers

Good afternoon gentlemen,
this is a rather non descript biplane. Her name please?
BTW your discussion between the DT2 and DT2B is surely interesting, from the evidence you have submitted they surely look like two difference A/c's....
carson
equesto.jpg

Sorry carson, I have no idea what your bipe was :|

So, having found this little nice floatplane I couldn't resist to submit it to your attention :)

BABY%20FLOATPLANE.png

Cheers

Last edited:
And Frank Rezich collection might give us an hint about this machine (if only I was able to figure out which...:confused: )
A Boeing?
A Stearman?

Cheers

Hi Marcogrifo,
mystery plane of my post #3755 is a Laird LC1B obviously you'll find more information on aerofiles.

I'm looking now for your nice little floatplane which I suspect is french. Maybe a Besson?
carson

bugger (how our australian friends would say) it isn't a Besson and at this stage I'm not even sure it is french

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back