Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Similar to the Republic SeaBee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_Seabee

From the wikipedia article on the 'Riviera'.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIAI_Marchetti_FN.333_Riviera)

"Tragedy struck on May 20 2007 when Riviera #0110 (N95DR) crashed while attempting an emergency landing in Minden, Nevada. N95DR was almost certainly the best restored and most often photographed Riveria in the world. It was a regular visitor to the EAA Oshkosh, and Clear Lake Splash-Ins."

Last edited:
I'm sure our friend senhor Vieira will appreciate following image pertinent to a couple of floatplanes of the portuguese air force which are....?
carson
5xk09u.jpg

...Junkers K43W, the military floatplane version of the W34 again. How about this guy?

Krabat

Welcome back to the great Krabat.How's your son?
The girl is the late Margaret , Queen Elizabeth's sister and he's the ex RAF pilot with whom she had a love affair (but I forgot his name)
carson

It just came to my mind Peter Townsend

Last edited:
Welcome back to the great Krabat.How's your son?

Thank you, carson. Well, he's the loud, smelly and sticky center of my life. If there's trouble at work - just look at him sleeping in his cot and everything is unimportant. I think you know what i mean. :D

And yes, it's Peter Townsend. I just thought some "out of the box" would be a nice change. To be honest, most of the last quests were too tough for me. Just no time to do the necessary research. But be sure that I visit the thread every few days. You're never too old to learn something new.

Krabat

Thank you, carson. Well, he's the loud, smelly and sticky center of my life. If there's trouble at work - just look at him sleeping in his cot and everything is unimportant. I think you know what i mean. :D

And yes, it's Peter Townsend. I just thought some "out of the box" would be a nice change. To be honest, most of the last quests were too tough for me. Just no time to do the necessary research. But be sure that I visit the thread every few days. You're never too old to learn something new.

Krabat

Yes Krabat referring to the first sentence of your message I understand perfectly well what you mean and if your work occasionally drives you away from your son then the best moment of your trip is going to be when upon return home you'll see your son's smile (and believe me having been a travelling salesman I have a certain experience of this feeling).:):)
All the very best
carson

Graeme with due respect I have different information from which it appears to be the Moskalev SAM16...now what it is?
carson

After careful scrutiny you should be right: the engine cowlings of the Moskalev have blisters (similar to the italian fighters of the forties) besides the distance between the nose and the cockpit seems to be a bit longer on the Moskalev.
If this is the case I apologize for misleading competitors...but of course one more pic of the Moskalev would help, is there a chance that Graeme has one within his immense filing system?

Last edited:
I've only got a model photo, but just by looking at the wing float bracing, keel shape and the engine cowling as you mentioned, I remain convinced your photo depicts the Martin 162A which I understand has been fully restored and can be seen on Airliners.net.

I've only got a model photo, but just by looking at the wing float bracing, keel shape and the engine cowling as you mentioned, I remain convinced your photo depicts the Martin 162A which I understand has been fully restored and can be seen on Airliners.net.

Thanks very much Graeme I didnìt expect less from you.
I came across the pic of what I believed it was Moskalev on a polish forum. I couldn't translate the text and assumed outright it was a SAM-16.
However somebody was later kind enough to translate the text into English and my misunderstanding was evident.
Cheers
carson:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back