Aircraft Profiles!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pong

Staff Sergeant
Sep 2, 2007
Manila, Philippines
Post some neat aircraft profiles!

A6M2, A6M3, Rufe, A6M5 color profiles.

Attachments

• Zero_Colors01.jpg
    Zero_Colors01.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 677
  • Zero_Colors02.jpg
    Zero_Colors02.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 1,052
Couple of A6M2-K training zero's, source of photo's unknown

Attachments

• Zero-A6M2-K-44.jpg
    Zero-A6M2-K-44.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 436
  • Zero-20-a6m2-k.jpg
    Zero-20-a6m2-k.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 461
And here two pics I've found somewhere but I don't remember where.

Source unknown.

Attachments

• zero trainer2.jpg
    zero trainer2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 445
  • zero trainer3.jpg
    zero trainer3.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 413
2 seat zero you learn something new every day8)

I have an old aircraft magazine from the early seventy's ...Were they pulled a two seat Zero out of some water on a south pacific island...( Like they would be pulling it out of a lake in France...DUH...:shock: :oops: :lol: ...).. Its was "not" a trainer ...It was used in combat ..And I'm "thinking" that the American info said were and who had shot the Zero down..Did not have two controls ...The canopy was not the same as the pic we have here ..The trainer canopy here is much longer then the one in they found..It was hard to even see its two seat at first...And I "think" they had no clue it was two seat until the plane was raised... At the time of the magazine they were shocked at the two seat and were not sure of why and what it was for...So some were out there (I hope) is a two seat Zero in one peace ..The aircraft was very whole ...

(It's been some time sents I've read the magazine..But I still have the magazine)...

Great photos guys, always loved the A6M2-Ks...I once read that some A6M5s were field-converted to trainers too.

Haztoys, I photocopied photos of that aircraft from Charles Darby's book 'aircraft wrecks of the South Pacific' (I think it was called). It was converted to trainer status in the field. The aircraft was restored in Australia, and now resides in the Tokyo science and technology museum.
I'll send the pics to Wojtek (Wurger) and maybe he can scan and post them here for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back