"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (10 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Russia_Deploys_New_Mobile_Anti-Drone_Units_with_ZU-23-2_Cannons_in_Ukraine_925_001.jpg

In what might be a good sign for Ukraine, Turkey's main opposition party retained its control over key cities and made huge gains elsewhere in Sunday's local elections, preliminary results showed. The outcome was a major upset to President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who had set his sights on retaking control of those urban areas.

Erdogan has been a significant drag on Europe's ability to support Ukraine and this may encourage him to be less right wing and open to more popular policies.

I don't like the term right-wing, as it is a perjorative. And the term popular, popular to whom?
Please be more specific.
Are people getting fed up with his Islamo-nationalist autocracy that punishes ethnic and religious minorities, and inhibits economic growth?
I assume by popular, you mean to with Western liberals.

I don't like the term right-wing, as it is a perjorative. And the term popular, popular to whom?
Please be more specific.
Are people getting fed up with his Islamo-nationalist autocracy that punishes ethnic and religious minorities, and inhibits economic growth?
I assume by popular, you mean to with Western liberals.
Whoa. How about we settle for:-

Erdogan has been a significant drag on Europe's ability to support Ukraine and this may encourage him to be open to more popular policies.

I admit to not understanding two thirds of your posting.

PS. My definition of popular is popular with the people of Turkey, who would in turn be more likely to vote for him.

Whoa. How about we settle for:-

Erdogan has been a significant drag on Europe's ability to support Ukraine and this may encourage him to be open to more popular policies.

I admit to not understanding two thirds of your posting.

PS. My definition of popular is popular with the people of Turkey, who would in turn be more likely to vote for him.
That's better.
I think his domestic popularity has less to do with his stance on Ukraine, and more to do with his domestic policies, which are not the subject of this thread.
I don't expect the needle to move much vis support for Ukraine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back