"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I cannot see the Putin regime in Russia surviving the combined debacle in Ukraine and the crushing demise of the economy due to sanctions. It might take several years, but remember the collapse of the Soviet Union was an economic one on the heels of the prolonged war in Afghanistan. While we may not see how this happens at this time, but Putin will not survive this. Something has to break here.

Jim

I think thats the point of the Sanctions besides impacting his ability to wage war. Cause economic disaster and force an uprising.

If that's true why do you ask why the USA and NATO cannot declare terms? Haven't you answered your own question? You don't need us for that, a mirror will suffice.

7F727071-9811-44C2-8D7A-D7205E4FEB1C.gif

Huh? You said the USA and NATO should declare terms. I asked what makes you think they can.

Just to recap, the U.S. and/or NATO is not officially involved in the Russo-Ukraine war.
As such, ANY agreements between the belligerent nations have to be concluded by those nations.

The UN, as worthless as it is, could (in a perfect world) start a peace brokering process, but not NATO nor the U.S., Japan, Australia or any other nation.

Keep in mind that Putler sees NATO as a threat to his Empire and the U.S. as Russia's arch-rival. Turkey tried to broker a peace before the shooting started and the Kremlin dismissed Erdogan.

What makes you think the USA and NATO cannot declare terms? You cannot declare terms if you are not at war. The only country that has any right to declare terms is the sovereign state of Ukraine. It is their country, and they get to decide.
A little typo here? Didn't you mean to ask if he thought USA and NATO can, rather than cannot, declare terms?
Makes more sense that way. Damn that auto-correct, anyway!

Either way the point of this whole thing is a sovereign nation being invaded. A sovereign nation has the right to
set it's own terms. Look at history - 1937 - a sovereign state did not get to set it's own terms and was carved up.
Then two years later the can is picked up down the road, the lid was opened, and out came the worms.

Either way the point of this whole thing is a sovereign nation being invaded. A sovereign nation has the right to
set it's own terms. Look at history - 1937 - a sovereign state did not get to set it's own terms and was carved up.
Then two years later the can is picked up down the road, the lid was opened, and out came the worms.
I agree, a sovereign nation being invaded should have the sole right to set its terms with the invader once the war is over. But, as you mention in those 1930s examples, the great powers can interfere in surprising ways.

A few brass tacks.

Russia invaded Ukraine and probably would have succeeded.

The only reason Ukraine is doing as well as it is because NATO are sending billions of dollars worth of arms to them. Probably also intel and who knows what else. Money and supplies by the truck load.

The West is funding and supplying and supporting Ukraine in this war. That's an act of war in itself. Russia is fighting NATO by proxy.

So NATO has the whip hand and has a lot more in this fight. So absolutely NATO can dictate terms. Ukraine would be back to 2014 if NATO suddenly gave up.

Stopping Hitler cost about 100 million dead people.

That's a very expensive cost.

You don't stop war by doing more war.

If you can negotiate a peaceful treaty which is acceptable to both sides then that would be better.

Of course you don't surrender but if the reality says otherwise then not much you can do.

A little typo here? Didn't you mean to ask if he thought USA and NATO can, rather than cannot, declare terms?
Makes more sense that way. Damn that auto-correct, anyway!

Ugggh! Yeah, stupid typo. I need to use my laptop and not my phone. He said that he wants the US and NATO to declare terms. I meant to ask how he thought they could do that. They cannot.

A few brass tacks.

Russia invaded Ukraine and probably would have succeeded.

The only reason Ukraine is doing as well as it is because NATO are sending billions of dollars worth of arms to them. Probably also intel and who knows what else. Money and supplies by the truck load.

The West is funding and supplying and supporting Ukraine in this war. That's an act of war in itself. Russia is fighting NATO by proxy.

So NATO has the whip hand and has a lot more in this fight. So absolutely NATO can dictate terms. Ukraine would be back to 2014 if NATO suddenly gave up.

How does NATO get to dictate terms? Explain.

Last I checked NATO, nor Russia declared war on each other.

If you can negotiate a peaceful treaty which is acceptable to both sides then that would be better.

Of course you don't surrender but if the reality says otherwise then not much you can do.

How is giving up your lands a treaty acceptable and successful to Ukraine?

Acceptable in the idea that things could be worse. Not acceptable in that things are good.

My father in law had bad cancer. He was given 2 choices. Be cut up or die.

He got plenty cut up. I can say that you wouldn't want that one bit. But it was acceptable because of the alternative.

NATO can tell Ukraine to do whatever it wants. It is the money and power behind Ukraine. So Ukraine must do what NATO says or be cut off.

Now there maybe a window of opportunity coming up soon. From what I read by 1st June, if war continued then Russia will be totally and utterly exhausted. There ability to fight a conventional war is so degraded as to be worthless. Let's see what happens then.

Any news from Circus Maximus???

Is there any report about total losses, both in manpower and equipment???

I'm interested about how many Traitors and Terrorists F***ed up!, Specially Terrorists.

Terrorists in my dictionary is "Checheni Muslim Mercenaries" in your dictionary, and Traitors, obviously, refers to Ukrainian Separatists.

China and Russia control Southern and Northern Seas (The Caspian Sea and The Persian Gulf), without any wars. No one ever dare to resist them.

The Arabs rule over my country for near 50 years. Also no one ever dare to resist them!!!

You just need a few bastards and traitors to overcome anywhere, without war.

Destroyed and abandoned tehniks. Published by ZSU 20\03\22

Cooperation between the Main Directorate Ministry of Defense Ukraine and the Georgian Legion in the enemy's rear. Published 20\03\22

ZSU Battalion AZOV BTR-4 Bucephalus. Published 20\03\22

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back