"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes and Crimea and Donetsk and Luhansk is proof. They were taken over in 2014.

Again why is NATO not defending Ukraine? Why not send in the B-52s?

You tell me? Why not?

Send in the whole NATO army. But that isn't happening, why not?
Because the Ukraine is not a NATO charter member.

All NATO can do, is follow their guidelines as has been explained many times.

The moment a NATO member's aircraft, tank or whatever, crosses into the Ukraine, Russia will see it as an act of aggression and the Kremlin will claim that they are beung forced to defend themselves.

Putin is a master manipulator - inn2008, they invaded Georgia under the false pretense of protecting ethnic Russian populations and the world accepted it.
Then they took the Crimea and invaded the Ukraine in 2014 under false pretenses, telling the world that they were protecting ethnic Russian populations and the world accepted it.
In January 2022, Russia stated that they were only doing military excersizes on the Ukrain border and the world accepted it.

Now Russia has invaded the Ukraine under the pretense of protecting Russians from Nazis.

So who's next?

Yes, we've been over the nuclear deterrent; it's an old argument and doesn't need to be rehashed. I'd like to see why you think caving now is better for the Ukrainians when the Russians have already repeated their 2014 behavior and are bound to do so again if they think their bullying will work afresh -- so long as they have enough time to rebuild their army, heh.
No.

The nuclear deterrent thing does need to be rehashed. It cannot be ignored because it's the whole ball game.

It's literally everything. But again I will ask again how you intend to defeat Russia? That is the question.

I have not advised Ukraine to surrender or cave in. I have advised Ukraine must find a favourable position to be so in any peace talks with Russia it can negotiate from a position of strength. From the details I have read that by June 1st, Russia could be in a weak position. So it is possible by June.

Again, how is Russia going to strengthen its army when it's economically going to be devastated.

Russia could be very much weaker in two years time. Look how weak it is now and it's only going to get weaker.

You're giving Russia too much credit. In my view in two years time Russia will be so far down the toilet as to be no longer viable.

And again what is the West doing to save Ukraine? It could end the war tomorrow by stepping in fully.

At no point has anyone else put forward any mechanism to end the war other than to hang Putin.

Because the Ukraine is not a NATO charter member.

All NATO can do, is follow their guidelines as has been explained many times.

The moment a NATO member's aircraft, tank or whatever, crosses into the Ukraine, Russia will see it as an act of aggression and the Kremlin will claim that they are beung forced to defend themselves.

Putin is a master manipulator - inn2008, they invaded Georgia under the false pretense of protecting ethnic Russian populations and the world accepted it.
Then they took the Crimea and invaded the Ukraine in 2014 under false pretenses, telling the world that they were protecting ethnic Russian populations and the world accepted it.
In January 2022, Russia stated that they were only doing military excersizes on the Ukrain border and the world accepted it.

Now Russia has invaded the Ukraine under the pretense of protecting Russians from Nazis.

So who's next?
Absolutely wrong.

NATO can invade who it likes and when it wants.

If the people and security of the Ukrainian people is so vital to NATO then I will ask the question again.

Why not intervene in Ukraine and why not go to war with Russia? Perhaps the people of Ukraine is not as important then.

No.

The nuclear deterrent thing does need to be rehashed. It cannot be ignored because it's the whole ball game.

It's literally everything. But again I will ask again how you intend to defeat Russia? That is the question.

I have not advised Ukraine to surrender or cave in. I have advised Ukraine must find a favourable position to be so in any peace talks with Russia it can negotiate from a position of strength. From the details I have read that by June 1st, Russia could be in a weak position. So it is possible by June.

Again, how is Russia going to strengthen its army when it's economically going to be devastated.

Russia could be very much weaker in two years time. Look how weak it is now and it's only going to get weaker.

You're giving Russia too much credit. In my view in two years time Russia will be so far down the toilet as to be no longer viable.

And again what is the West doing to save Ukraine? It could end the war tomorrow by stepping in fully.

At no point has anyone else put forward any mechanism to end the war other than to hang Putin.

Actually you have. You want Ukraine to sue for peace by agreeing to Putards terms, which is a neutral state (no issues with this), and give up the disputed territories. That's throwing in the towel. You can call it "stop the bleeding all you want", it's throwing in the towel. And what for? A few years of peace before a stronger Russia comes back for another piece.

How can the west end the war tomorrow? This should be good…

NATO can invade who it likes and when it wants but only if all members agree and they have a hard enough time agreeing on where to go for dinner.
The bad thing about waiting two years for the Russian Military to degrade is the less they can relay on their regular military, they more they'll relay on their nuclear forces. If Adolph Putin is still in power he will have purged anybody reasonable. A rabid dog never gets better, they only get worse.

As GG points out the useless UN has done nothing to protect a member country. They did once years ago when N. Korea invaded the south. Why does the US do the majority of the funding for a do nothing, useless organisation?

Do you think Russia wants to go to war with NATO?

A full on invasion by NATO and air campaign into Ukraine would have the Russian running to the border or risk utter devastation.

If the Russians are doing badly against Ukraine then I don't fancy thier chances.

Yes this war must end and yes a peace treaty has to be reached. One that is acceptable to both sides.

This was normally how wars used to be fought. WW1 ended exactly this way. Russo Japanese war and so on. Even the Winter War with the Finns.

Ukraine may have the goal to reclaim say Crimea. Which is fair enough. But how does it intend to do that?

You're saying throw in the towel but that has already happened in 2014.

The war has to be fought with realistic goals and any peace treaty must be written with realistic goals.

Russia has failed because it's goals were not based on reality.

I haven't advocated Ukraine giving territory to Russia but I have advocated Ukraine doing what it takes to do to end the war on favourable terms. Putin I would suspect has zero....zero intentions of giving up Crimea. Stone cold zero.

So if the handover of Crimea is Numero uno on the agenda then the war will continue. For good or bad.

Maybe a little brinkmanship might help. If there is a safe corridor to somewhere inside of Ukrainian airspace, send non-lethal aid laden cargo planes.
I just can't see any country in range of Russian non-nuclear weapons agreeing to be a staging site.

1647805278559.png

Meanwhile farmer's spec forces are arming up - they slowly starting to be more picky - only newest and best from arsenal of invaders. 2S19 - why not, but another MTLB will be just waste of time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back