"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (10 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

See the list of vehicles likely destroyed there: BMPT Terminator, 2x T-72, BMP-3, 2x AA guns and 2 trucks
EDIT: the BMPT may have been misidentified for a BREM-1 according to other sources, other vehicles may have been missed in the initial count

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nPOwq-92ZY

Last edited:
It seems they got another SU-34, the accompanying SU-35 is reported to have been lucky and evaded the missile

Last edited:
It seems they got another SU-34, the accompanying SU-35 is reported to have been lucky and evaded the missile
This is the 7th or 8th airplane lost in a few days. Not sure if 7 or 8, I lost count ;)

Regarding that particular incident, what is the mission of the su-35? Is the the Su-35 supposed to protect the Su-34?
Or at leas that is what I read some time ago, seems they send the su-35s to cover the Su-34s,. But I doubt the Ukrainian airforce will try to intercept the su-34s, at least not until the f-16s arrive.
That doctrine might make sense before the arrival of the Patriots. But since then, why risk the Su-35s together with Su-34?

Who knows why they still send fighters with the bomber(s) if the enemy currenty has no A2A weapons to intercept those far away from the frontline. Maybe the SU-35 has a longer ranging radar capable of detecting incoming strikes.

Who knows why they still send fighters with the bomber(s) if the enemy currenty has no A2A weapons to intercept those far away from the frontline.
The SU-35 can carry bombs, like below over Syria. That's why it's there on the front lines in Ukraine.

DGQlnYgV0AAIZt3.jpg

I would suggest this surge in Putin's downed fighters displays lack of "hours" (and training) in simulated war exercises like UAAF Guard exercises. The Generals controlling resources also lack the experience NATO leaders have from NATO Ops.
Considering everything going wrong for Russia it is more and more obvious that Putin's army has been designed for "show". Not sustained tactical war.
Ironic that North Korea will willingly supply arms and resources to 'Big Brother". Returned favor, 1950.

I would like BiffF15 BiffF15 view. I have read what he said about dogfighting.
But what about this? So low. Ground support?
I think one of the reasons why eto allies got dangerous in ground attack is that they had a lot of planes. AND a plan.
Cant see the plan in this. Not enough swarms to just strole over the battlefield with those eager ukr guys with manpads and what have you.

Now i do not think they are fools but what can be the benifit? What target is valuable enough to risk these assets.

An interesting update from CNN.

A pro-Kremlin Russian military blogger, Andrey Morozov, has reportedly died just days after he reported that Russia had suffered massive losses during its assault on the Ukrainian town of Avdiivka. Several well-informed pro-Russian military bloggers as well as Russian state news agencies and newspapers reported he had died by suicide.

What was he writing about: Morozov, known as "Murz" on Telegram, claimed Moscow had lost around 16,000 soldiers and 300 armored vehicles since it started its assault in October. CNN cannot verify Morozov's estimates. That post drew severe criticism from several Russian propagandists and has since been deleted from his Telegram account.

Here's what he said in his last few posts:

• He announced his apparent intention to take his life, calling on his readers not to mourn him and asking that he be buried in the so-called Luhansk People's Republic (LPR) — the Russian name for the Ukrainian region of Luhansk, whose annexation by Moscow is considered illegal by most of the international community.
  • Morozov complained he was being bullied because of his report about Avdiivka and said he was ordered to delete the post by someone he described as "Comrade Colonel."
  • He also shared his will and complained about the shortage of weapons for Russian troops at the front.

Considering everything going wrong for Russia…
Going wrong? They're gaining more ground from the Ukrainians. They destroyed the much-promoted 2023 UAF spring offensive. The first twelve months of the war were a mess for Russia, being defeated and expelled from the Kyiv, Kherson and Kharkiv areas, but 2023-2024 has gone okay for Russia, especially if we put aside the losses in men, as Putin doesn't care about them either, and despite huge Russian losses the Ukrainians continue to lose ground.

They're gaining more ground from the Ukrainians. They destroyed the much-promoted 2023 UAF spring offensive
Gaining ground in inches and at tje cost of thousands of killed & wounded and they stalled the offensive, but compare the front lines from late summer 2023 to now - very little change overall.

Going wrong? They're gaining more ground from the Ukrainians. They destroyed the much-promoted 2023 UAF spring offensive. The first twelve months of the war were a mess for Russia, being defeated and expelled from the Kyiv, Kherson and Kharkiv areas, but 2023-2024 has gone okay for Russia, especially if we put aside the losses in men, as Putin doesn't care about them either, and despite huge Russian losses the Ukrainians continue to lose ground.
That is the very definition of a pyrrhic victory.

That is the very definition of a pyrrhic victory.
When you don't care about your people's lives, need only to outlast Ukraine's backers, especially an increasingly isolationist and dispirited Washington, all while making incremental territorial gains, there's some logic to Russia's thinking. I expect Putin has Nov 5, 2024 and Jan 20, 2025 circled on his calendar.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back