"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (9 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

UKR Kamikaze Boats. I recall reading that the WW2 Germans tried doing this with V-1 pulsejet engines attached to seaplane floats. Will Roden produce models of this weapon?

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 17-12-36 The Ukrainian Naval Drones Menacing Russia’s Black Sea Fleet...png

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 17-31-07 UKR Drone Boats at DuckDuckGo.png
Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 17-30-38 UKR Drone Boats at DuckDuckGo.png
Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 17-30-23 UKR Drone Boats at DuckDuckGo.png

UKR Kamikaze Boats. I recall reading that the WW2 Germans tried doing this with V-1 pulsejet engines attached to seaplane floats. Will Roden produce models of this weapon?

View attachment 769389
View attachment 769391View attachment 769392View attachment 769393
I see Italy gets the credit, but no mention of the Imperial Japanese Navy's Shin'yo suicide boats or the Japanese Army's Maru-Ni attack (supposed to be survivable but may as well be suicide) boats used in WWII.

Could be but that would be a different discussion, i think best not been held in this thread.
Not being cocky or smart or something but i like this thread for the information it provides concerning the ukr war.

I see Italy gets the credit, but no mention of the Imperial Japanese Navy's Shin'yo suicide boats or the Japanese Army's Maru-Ni attack (supposed to be survivable but may as well be suicide) boats used in WWII.
Soviet Navy tried to operate the tandem of an MBR-2VU flying boat (as a control unit) and a remotely controlled unmanned torpedo boat. The system was introduced in 1935-1938. Two attempts to use it in the Black Sea in 1943 were not successful, both boats exploded before reaching the targets.

Soviet Navy tried to operate the tandem of an MBR-2VU flying boat (as a control unit) and a remotely controlled unmanned torpedo boat. The system was introduced in 1935-1938. Two attempts to use it in the Black Sea in 1943 were not successful, both boats exploded before reaching the targets.
A harbinger of things to come in the Black Sea for Russia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back