"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And to that I would add that many nations in and out of NATO were willing to provide the Ukrainians with US made weapons like the F-16 but that was blocked by the US.

Likewise the Swiss prevented Swiss weapons going to Ukraine so the US was not alone but the US is directly responsible for much, maybe even the most, of the delay in Ukraine getting the weapons it needed, when they needed them.
The Germans also delayed several types from being provided early on.

While the Ukrainians are getting excellent results with their own missiles and drones, I wonder if there's some heavy duty anti ship missiles coming in the US or NATO aid packages. Are there any TASMs available?
The USN is reserving the bulk of their ordnance, so any missiles coming from U.S. stocks will primarily be from the Army.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=criLG8pCyVE

Fears of Russia's collapse in Biden's and Scholz's administrations run deep and can't be changed by telling stories of Russian war crimes alone. Advisers and analysts have been conditioned by decades of Soviet nuclear threat and memory of the chaotic and rapid collapse of the Soviet Union in the 1990s. But what can turn politicians that cling to security blanket of escalation management, into leaders that imagine a Ukrainian victory, a triumph of pluralistic, democratic values, and plan accordingly?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwyYKvidD2I

The US has apparently supplied Ukraine with "significant numbers of ATACMS". Will these capabilities, and other munitions supplied by US, Germany, UK, and allies turn the tide of war in favour of Ukraine, about a period of uncertainly, dwindling supplies, losses, and anxiety.

The 2024 campaign will come down to mass vs. precision. So far Russia has had the win in 2024. Hopefully now the Ukrainians have the tools to turn the tide.

What I am looking for is some fallout from the new supplies and /or weapons that are being shipped to Ukraine, initially the ammunition they need for their current weapons.

Let me explain. For the last six months Russia has tried to take advantage of the paucity of weapons that Ukraine has been receiving. There can be little doubt that Russia has been throwing pretty much everything it has to take advantage of Ukraine's difficulties. This has resulted in a number of advances, in a number of areas, but no major breakthrough. There have been signs that Morale in the Ukraine forces have also taken a hit but again despite a few close calls, the damage has been limited. With luck that will return and it will be Russia's turn to feel the pinch.

Now that Ukraine will soon be back to normal supplies, I wonder how much Russia has left in the tank.

There have been signs that Morale in the Ukraine forces have also taken a hit...
The average age of the frontline Ukrainian soldier is reportedly forty years. And these old-timers have been serving, with rotations since Feb 2022. They have to be getting down in spirit, especially after being pushed backwards continuously this year due to lack of ammunition. Now that weapons and ammunition is arriving from the West perhaps Ukraine can mobilize its new draft of 25 year olds. It looks like Poland might be evicting Ukrainian men back to Ukraine.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back