B-25 production and distribution

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geoffrey Sinclair

Staff Sergeant
Sep 30, 2021
A spreadsheet I prepared for a discussion with the web site mentioned in it, as they have not yet replied after a couple of weeks it seems best to see if others can use it. I am after a better list of North American Charge Numbers.

Attachments

• B-25 Mitchell.xlsx
    107.1 KB · Views: 33
What does "SA" mean. You say "SA Date," but I'm not too sure what that means.
I have yet to come across a document giving the exact definition of SA, I sort of go Supplemental Acquisition. Kansas City only ever had 1 contract for B-25 which the USAAF kept extending, initially for 1200, then another 1325, another 1050, another 2800, another 206, another 359? Inglewood received new contracts each time, not extras on an existing contract. Note the final Inglewood contract date and the Kansas City supplements begin.

I have yet to come across a document giving the exact definition of SA, I sort of go Supplemental Acquisition. Kansas City only ever had 1 contract for B-25 which the USAAF kept extending, initially for 1200, then another 1325, another 1050, another 2800, another 206, another 359? Inglewood received new contracts each time, not extras on an existing contract. Note the final Inglewood contract date and the Kansas City supplements begin.
Thanks, Geoffrey.

Outstanding work. I've done XL lists for the Grumman Widgeon and Goose, but nothing like that. Only Prod. numbers, registrations, whether I have images of them in my files or not and engine changes for the Widgeons. And that was a big enough PITA, only 600+ airplanes (the Mallard is next).

I'd love to see the Mallard spreadsheet when you finish. My partner in restoration and I worked on one for about 2 years at Yanks Air Museum. They are restoring it to flight status, and are doing a pretty decent job of it.

It was going well until someone hit a flap with a forklift. Now THAT has to be fixed, too. Ah well, at least it was an easier-to-work-on part that got damaged! Shouldn't really hold things up too much. We repaired the floor, made new seat rails, made and installed new flooring, made a new cockpit floor, virtually rebuilt the cowlings. Casey Wright and Randy Purdy went through the engines, Frank Wright is overhauling the nose gear and will have to do both mains, too. Pretty standard stuff for returning an old airplane to flight, and it is well underway.

Would be nice to see your collection of information for all 59 G-73 Mallards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back