B36 Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What is the best way to fill the gap between the engine and the wing? I have Mr cement that I have never used before and testors filler. I am out of
CA.

Attachments

• IMG_20221116_140431.jpg
    IMG_20221116_140431.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Looking at what you have there I would try a sliver of Evergreen plastic strip in the gap, securing it with some glue. If you cant wait untill getting more CA then maybe PVA or some glue that will not damage your model plastic. If you use just a filler without a backing support on what looks to be a large gap, it could cave in under pressure so the plastic strip cleaned back to shape would be best. :D

What is the best way to fill the gap between the engine and the wing? I have Mr cement that I have never used before and testors filler. I am out of
CA.
DBI, I'm new to this thread and sorry to hear about your father. You don't live in Arizona, do you? If so, I'd recommend, if he is ever up to it, the easy drive from Phoenix or Tucson to the Pima Air and Space Museum to see a real B-36 , which is awe inspiring.

Convair B-36J - Pima Air & Space

DBI, I'm new to this thread and sorry to hear about your father. You don't live in Arizona, do you? If so, I'd recommend, if he is ever up to it, the easy drive from Phoenix or Tucson to the Pima Air and Space Museum to see a real B-36 , which is awe inspiring.

Convair B-36J - Pima Air & Space
Thank you for the suggestion. I always wanted to go there and Mesa.. We are north of Houston. My father is in a wheel chair and does not walk much. He does not leave the house often. He will not go anywhere with airplanes because he cannot walk around and take photos. Tx Raider was 30 minutes from his house. I could not get him to go with me. We did get to see Spirit of Fort Worth when it was at Naval Air Station Fort Worth. Huge plane. My photos of her were damaged in a house flood. I will see if I can post a couple.

Looking at what you have there I would try a sliver of Evergreen plastic strip in the gap, securing it with some glue. If you cant wait untill getting more CA then maybe PVA or some glue that will not damage your model plastic. If you use just a filler without a backing support on what looks to be a large gap, it could cave in under pressure so the plastic strip cleaned back to shape would be best. :D
I have a plastic sheet I can try. There is a Hobby Lobby close by. To close. With three engines on a wing, there is to a lot of room for sanding. I should have worked one engine and then filled the gab before adding the next one. I got in a hurry.

Ranks High among my childhood memories. Our ranch was on the low-level route between Fairchild AFB (Spokane, WA) and Mountain Home Idaho. NOTHING compares with a 36: you could FEEL one coming at low level with the distinctive, powerful throbbing of those six huge engines. The sound was...atmospheric...and the sight was awe-inspiring especially for a 10 y/o kid. My first B-52 was a disappointment, not nearly as stereophonic though the 8 smoky engines were noteworthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back