Best Bomber of ww2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, so how about this.

B-29: Technically the best bomber of the war, but too late to make a real impact.

Lancaster: The most successful and signifacant bomber of the war, Done the job it was supposed to do very well.

cheddar cheese said:
B-29: Technically the best bomber of the war, but too late to make a real impact.

Too late to make an impact, CC?? It carried more weight farther than anything else the Americans had. It was used for the firebombing of Tokyo and to drop the 2 nukes on Japan. It had a huge impact on the war in the Pacific. B-29s accounted for 24% of all bombs dropped by the allies on Japan!

I think that is probably the best way to put it. The Pacific and Europe were very different missions for heavy bombers. I would agree, B-29 for PTO and Lancaster for the ETO. But neither of those is my favorite bomber, which is the B-17.

As do I...I also like romanian fighter bombers ;)

Attachments

• i.a.r_80.jpeg
    i.a.r_80.jpeg
    19.1 KB · Views: 550
i've always thought they look a bit like corsairs from the side/an angle like that...............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back