Best medium bomber?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I tend to agree... why use 3 engines...unless they are all weak, and need their power combined to lift the plane into air... It wouldn't have been faster or more manuvrable, it would only have had 3 engines...more drag...

Hi guys its me Mosin.
I think the JUNKER 88 is the best medium bomber out of the top 4..
Heres my list 1 through 4
1. JUNKER 88
2. B-25
3. B-26
4. the WELLINGTON
But this is just my opinion.
Bye

Well, it was my mother that first thought of 'Mitchell', and being rather exasperated by then, trying to pick a name all liked, I leapt at it, as the aircraft was my first thought, and Billy Mitchell came to mind also, as he really stood-up for what he believed in, and that was certainly proved right....Just to be different, the other-half decided we should spell it with just one 'l', and that's how it's been....Now at 10, he most certainly stands-up for himself, and he's been introduced to the B-25 Mitchell which he was quite chuffed with...with all those guns!!

Getting back to topic, Lanc's suggestion of the Wellington is hot too, 'cause it's really about 'service', and the Wellington gave that for sure....
The Sm.79 gave great service for the Italians, sending alot of tonnage to the sea floor, they were a real pain in the ass in the MTO and Malta's survival....but they were more a Torp. bomber...

I gotta go with universal agreement and say ....
1. B-25
2. Mosquito... [this is the only time it's 2nd...]
3. Wellington
4. Ju-88

Attachments

• raf_487__nz__sqn._-_on_the_hunt..._144.jpg
    raf_487__nz__sqn._-_on_the_hunt..._144.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 447

Users who are viewing this thread

Back