Best tank killer aircraft of WW2 Part I

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was just thinking someone would be smart and mention that Russian glider tank.................

but then again, a floating tank is a good idea :-k ...........................

Plan D, you confused me with that sig-change mid conversation--who's this guy, I thought... :D

I mentioned the numbers because you did. Basically, if you want to claim that the Stuka had a numerical advantage vis a vis targets, I can point out that the Il-2 had an advantage vis a vis, er, Il-2s...

As I said, though, there's no doubt that the Il-2 was the tougher plane (though that 1-seater-no-rear-gunner thing was a bad idea) but, really ANY ground attack tank buster is going to lose to a fighter. But how many tank killers first flew in 1935, first flew in combat in 1938, and were still flying in 1945?

When you consider that the Il-2 did zip before 1941, then the Stuka is a candidate for best tank buster, on the basis of longevity alone.

Good grief, you guys are way too fast... :cry:

And not having anything else to do the job is a compliment to that which is doing the job...

I remember the glider tank, I posted the picture of it.
Sorry about that, DP. I hope it wasn't too confusing.

The Sturmovik was just better than the Stuka though. On ability the Sturmovik was better, so there... :lol:

Erm...erm...hmmmm....let me think....hmmm.....that is a hard question...I'M A FREAK!!! :cry:

I'm going to drown my sorrows. :drinking:

I didn't know it was moving this fast. If love is here, I have to change. :lol:

plan_D said:
The Sturmovik was just better than the Stuka though. On ability the Sturmovik was better, so there... :lol:

"So there"? Is that it then?

If you'd rather not discuss the points, fine. The Stuka did more, so there... :D

The Sturmovik got a better nickname. HA! :lol:

See, he knows the Sturmovik was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back