Best tank killer aircraft of WW2 Part I

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty obvious the Il-2 is the best tank killer. Although all the others were perfectly capable, be it a Mosquito, P-47, Typhoon, P-38, Ju-87G, Hurricane IIC, IID or IV, LaGG-3 or Fw-190. Plus many more aircraft, basically anything with either big cannons, rockets or bombs could do it.

Well, it might have happened. Both the Lightning and Mosquito could carry rockets. And the cannons could destroy tanks. I was making the point anything that could carry rockets could destroy tanks.

I don't know if they actually did it though. Maybe targets of oppurtunity.

Well if the Mosquito could bust ships, it could certainly bust tanks. And the P-38 was capable of carrying rockets and bombs. So it could have done it.

A dare say some Lightning or Mosquito pilot spotted a convoy and went down giving them hell with the rest of their ammo.

I can picture it. It could carry bombs and rockets after all. And I'm sure some had a good go over Burma with ground targets, at least.

That had two huge cannons under the wings, so that's pretty easy to picture. It's not like you use 40mm cannons for air-to-air. :lol: One shot, one kill though.

Thirty 40mm shells is pretty impressive though. I suppose if you hit a plane with every shot, that's 30 planes. :lol:

I suppose you could set them up to fire individually. Still you've got your normal guns.

Lucky hit, on the pilot. It's a complete joke stating they would fight air-to-air with the IIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back