Best tank killer aircraft of WW2 (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

All I have to say on the subject is that if I had a choice between going into combat in either an IL-2 or a Ju 87, I'd pick the Sturmovik over the Stuka any day!

An interesting note about Rudel is that he aborted a mission only once, when jumped by an American fighter unit operating in Russia in 1945.

That guy Rudel was one very lucky Kraut i tell you - to fly all those missions in a shit-heap like a Ju87 and come out alive... :rolleyes: the mind boggles :scratch:

You can't fly a plane like a Stuka into combat unless you're lucky!!! 8)

On-topic again:

Best tank-buster has to be (unfortunately) the Il-2. Best close-support plane is easily the Typhoon/ Tempest. whereas they could kill fewer tanks with their munitions than a fully-laden Sturmovik, if enemy ground-attack planes turned up, Sturmoviks had to scarper, whereas a Tiffy or a Tempest would make mincemeat of any aircraft at low level except the La-7 and Yak-3.

You can't fly a plane like a Stuka into combat unless you're lucky!!!

The pilot would have to be lucky - as i have said before - if you put the best pilot the world has ever seen in a Tigermoth at 4000ft and then set a rookie on him in a Focke Wulf 190...its goodbye Mr Ace 8)

I am just saying that just because it is a better plane doesnt mean that its gonna win.....Its like putitng you in a F1 car and Micheal fecking schumacer in a vauxuall astra....he is gonna win cos your gonna fuck up and crash because you havent the skill to control the much faster motor! My theory simplified!

jj1982 said:
I am just saying that just because it is a better plane doesnt mean that its gonna win.....Its like putitng you in a F1 car and Micheal fecking schumacer in a vauxuall astra....he is gonna win cos your gonna f**k up and crash because you havent the skill to control the much faster motor! My theory simplified!
Yes and as usual...your theory makes little or no sense at all! we are talking about in the air here mate - not a bloody F1 track full of twists and turns! :pottytrain5:

i know what excatly we are talking about.....cant you see that i was merely using it as an example...the same could be applied...if you got a super piliot in the tigermoth he could potentially out manouvere thus out fly the crappier piliot in the focke wulf!

he wouldn't get a chance...i think if you look up a page on the Tiger Moth with a picture...you may be surprised...and possibly forced to eat your silly words

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back