Box art.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
I just thought that it might be fun to have a thread for our favorite old, Airfix, Frog, Lindberg etc. and maybe new box art. You know, that kinda thingys that makes you forget time and space and makes you travel bacwards to a more carefree and less stressful time in our lives....8) :D

Just found this one, to be released on 26 January...and 25 quid!

Attachments

• 9781847970763_l_f.jpg
    9781847970763_l_f.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 120
Nice find Jan! You going to get it? It's not the sort of book I'd normally buy, but for the work of Roy Cross, I could be tempted, if only just to have it for nostalgia reasons.
But, it's true what they say, nosatalgia isn't what it used to be.......!
Forgot to add, I'll try and find some good boxart, but, to save room for all my other 'collectables' (junk!) I tend to dispose of most of the kit boxes eventually.

I remember all those kits, plus Jo-Han and the old Revell!

I can remember when I was a kid, seeing box art on model kits, and thinking it was so cool I had to have it! :lol:

I think posting box art, especially ones of the rare kits, is a cool idea!

How about this old Paul Lindberg kit (I posted this pic in another thread, but it's still a classic!) of the He162? :thumbright:
71244.jpg

My wife is going to groan when she sees that He162 cover!:lol:

I built that model shortly after we were married, back in 1975. When I taught her how to fly R/C, that was the plane I used to quiz her by holding it in an odd attitude and asking "How do you get out of this attitude?"

It worked, though. She learned how to fly and is still an active R/C flier -- and we're still happily married!

On other box art, I used to cut out the cover pictures I liked, and hang them on the walls in my room. Remember when Revell boasted of "frameable box art", or when Monogram put some kits in boxes with "framed" pictures? I love the F11C-2, and I had the box art from Monogram's 1/72 kit of it on my wall for a long, long time!

CD

I agree there. For my Birthday last year (I was 14, honest!) the Landlady of my local pub did a jigsaw puzzle and framed it for me. The picture was the classic box-art of the Airfix 1/24th scale Spitfire Mk1, circa 1969, measuring about 18 x 20 inches. In the frame it's about 30 x 40 inches, and looks very impressive on the wall. If I'm able to reduce reflections etc, I'll try to get a pic of it, but it's in an awkward place, and a bit heavy for my hands to cope with lifting it.

Sounds like a great idea! That's the one, but it's AZ-H, not OZ-H. Not sure, but it might be a Roy Cross work; I'll try doing a pic now and post it, but the lighting won't be good, as it's on the bend of the stairwell. Watch this space in about 20 minutes!

That sounds like a nice bit of art, CD. But, I can't picture what the F11c looks like, did it have a name?
Here's a quick snatched shot of the Spit mentioned in the last posts, I had to take the pic from the bottom steps I'm afraid.

Attachments

• AA 003.jpg
    AA 003.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 107
Aaaaah.....the memories Terry, the memories. Awesome pic, loks great! F11, wasn't that the Tiger, or are you thinking about the Goshawk, the biplane??

Attachments

• f11c2_curtiss_vf1.jpg
    f11c2_curtiss_vf1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 96
  • f11f_grumman_tiger_vf33.jpg
    f11f_grumman_tiger_vf33.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 89

Users who are viewing this thread

Back