CAPTURED AIRCRAFT - ODD PHOTOS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's a photo of two pilots posing:
image.jpg

And here's an interesting 1943 photo of a group of IJN pilots who are preparing for a Kamikaze mission: they are wearing parachutes...
image.jpg

I thought this might be a good topic

The attached clip is a "guess" from a FAA Corsair captured in Norway. Does any one have information on this or any other "odd" captured WWII aircraft?

Well, this one is an obvious fake. The tail shows a personal decoration and kill count, as well as a squadron or personal badge on the front. Captured aircraft were not assigned to pilots or sent into combat.

-Irish

Didn't they have the parachutes becuase they didn't receive them or it was their choice to not take them at all?
If it was their choice although regulations allowed them to have parachutes it is a difference I would say.

Well, this one is an obvious fake. The tail shows a personal decoration and kill count, as well as a squadron or personal badge on the front. Captured aircraft were not assigned to pilots or sent into combat.

-Irish
That artwork doesn't represent an actual aircraft, it's more of a "what-if". The first clue would be the latewar JG301 "rumpfband" with the unusual variation of the 2./JG26 insignia on the cowl.

The Luftwaffe did capture an intact Corsair belonging to the FAA in Norway and the pilot refused to show them how to fly it. So it was instead transported to Rechlin.
What became of it is little known and there is no known photograph of it in Luftwaffe markings.

-Irish

That post I think is over 10 years old and it was established on another thread that photo was someone's imagination

He will be back.

Probably today. He is your perfect example of an internet troll. His knowledge is lacking. Which in itself is not a bad. No one knows everything. It is his unwillingness to admit when it is lacking, and then to act like a tool when called out on it that is bad.

So Smokey when you read this, as I am sure you will...

You had every opportunity to get a 2nd chance here. You were told to simply contact the staff, and request your account be reopened. You ignored this. All you had to do was act descent and not like a troll. You are incapable of this.

Do us all a favor. Stay away. Don't waste our time by creating a new account. We will know. We have administrative tools that tell us when this happens. We also will know by the way you post, and your lack of tact and decorum.

He will be back?????

This guy just insulted one of our most respected and generous members and it's not the first time he's done this. This last one should have been an automatic ejection, no questions asked. If he's not banned permanently after this latest offensive tirade then what's it take?

Oh please, they didnt even have self sealing gas tanks or let their pilots carry parachutes. And construction wise are you saying they were as rugged as say Grumman? or Hawkers? Republic?.... Half a dozen rounds and they burst into flames.....

Yes, the Hawk 75, Brewster Buffalo, Curtiss CW-21 were all heavily armed and armored aircraft in 1941. A dozen rounds and they burst into flames.
Sorry there bucko,until at least mid-1942 the Zero was the best airplane in the Pacific.

He will be back?????

This guy just insulted one of our most respected and generous members and it's not the first time he's done this. This last one should have been an automatic ejection, no questions asked. If he's not banned permanently after this latest offensive tirade then what's it take?

For the most of us, being born in the 50s, 60s, 70s or even later (or earlier;)) the "philosophy" of trolling is not understandable. At all. The troll does not care for what is right or wrong, he doesn't care about knowledge, mistakes, anachronisms, logic or time lines (when in a historical surrounding). He feeds on our reactions, responses and especially on our anger. The more angrier you become, the more satisfied is the troll. He might have a competition with his soul mates (we never know this!) to make a forum angry or even to destroy it. I've seen the "death" of a very nice, small forum, kind of a "boys' club" by a troll. The members were so devoted to teach him history of aviation, that they started attacking each other. The troll was doing like he takes one or another site, "politely" apologizing to everybody on the top of the page and cursing the same person 2 posts later. You can recognize a troll by his erratic behavior, opening threads every other day or re-opening "dead" and old ones, posting copy-pasted photos, stolen quotes or his own writings from some other place, not asking for anything serious, but creating an avalanche of mostly useless information and by doing so, irritating the normal users, who cannot "catch up".
I personally like anything about B-25 and will always post information about "Mitchells" I want to share with all of you. But by all means I never opened (and will never open) a thread like "Mitchells you have never seen before" or even worse "B-25, the best medium bomber ever, from a different angle" and post a bunch of pictures from the internet.
Guys, friends, do not feed the troll. You just make him stronger!
6a00d83451b36c69e20163022ca398970d-800wi.jpg

Picture source: the World Wide Web

Last edited:
He will be back?????

I did not say we will welcome him. Just that he will be back. And we will send him packing again. Trolls like him do not like not getting the last word.

He is banned permanently. That does not stop him from attempting to create new accounts, which is what he did this time.

My "He will be back" comment was more of warning to tell everyone to be on the lookout for him.

Didn't they have the parachutes becuase they didn't receive them or it was their choice to not take them at all?
If it was their choice although regulations allowed them to have parachutes it is a difference I would say.

Japanese pilots could not fly without the parachute as it was also used as a seat cushion except some cargo planes.
Bailout or not above enemy sky was another question.

Well that means it was their choice but not because of the regulations or plane construction..So the statement that Zero was a poor plane because pilots didn't have parachutes and seat cusions is not only misleading but a nonsense actually.

He will be back?????

Couldn't resist one last ironic shot...Great Zeus , I'm weak...:(
Smokey Bear.jpg

P-37 Los Captured by the Germans in Polish bomber
The PZL.37 Łoś was a Polish twin-engine medium bomber, used in the defense of Poland against the Nazi German Invasion in 1939. It is sometimes known as "PZL P-37" or "PZL P.37", but the letter "P" was generally reserved for fighters of Zygmunt Pulawski's design (such as the PZL P.11). The correct designation should be PZL.37.
_k-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back