CF-100 Canuck

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Admiral Beez

Captain
Oct 21, 2019
Toronto, Canada
I've always like the Clunk, … Canuck. An interesting vid here.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tfIlby4w2jY

No mention that both Avro Canada and Orenda Engines were subsidiaries of Britain's Hawker-Siddeley. It's a Canadian fighter for certain, but a degree of corporate oversight came from Britain. In 1962 after the Avro Arrow program ended, Hawker-Siddeley closed down Avro Canada and reorganized its remaining assets into Hawker Siddeley Canada - makers of Toronto's subways and streetcars into the 1980s before its acquisition by Bombardier Group.

Last edited:
I have always felt that the Clunk would have been amenable to an attack variant... sort of the Canadian A-6 - land-based only, of course.

Perhaps in the CF-103 swept-wing version. ;)

CF_103_Mockup.jpg

Avro Canada CF-103 drawing showing original concept December 1950.jpg

I have always felt that the Clunk would have been amenable to an attack variant... sort of the Canadian A-6 - land-based only, of course.

Perhaps in the CF-103 swept-wing version. ;)

View attachment 737303

View attachment 737304
I like it. It would need a good Canadian name. Beaver, Buffalo, Caribou, Chipmunk and Otter are taken by DeHavilland Canada. Grizzly, Cougar and Lynx are taken by the army. Maybe the Avro Loon or Moose?

I must say, the CF-103 is a remarkably modern looking design, especially considering the time frame we're talking about here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back