**** DONE: 1/24 Spitfire Mk.Vb Floatplane – Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

EWW! Hope you got something to ease the pain.
Great work you guys do with missing/damaged digits!
Just to even things up, for the next GB maybe we should all have to work on a model one handed!

Been working on the new rudder and the pectral fin, last evening and today. First two pic's are a dry fit, with pins. Third and fourth are pic's of the permanent install, with the stabilizer. Next move is back to covering the other float and (ugh) carving the nose block.

Anyone have a pair of chain mail gloves ??

Note to Paul: Vicodin or Oxycontin..... take your pick.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2329.JPG
    DSC_2329.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC_2330.JPG
    DSC_2330.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_2330a.JPG
    DSC_2330a.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC_2330b.JPG
    DSC_2330b.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Charles, it's obvious you love doing these models, great work !

Been doing flying models for close to 70 years, Wayne. Prefer them to scale plastic, but (unfortunately) scale plastic
makes a more accurate model. You can only go so far with balsa/tissue.

Finished covering both floats, and have the nose block of one where I want it. Have to carve the second float nose
block. How about that balancing act !!!

Working on the prop, spinner and the canopy, today.... too.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2336.JPG
    DSC_2336.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Looking good!
Never had Oxycotin, but the other stops me up like a block of cheese. (no pun)
Lord Calverts has been a friend of mine through, (and a possible contributer to), several mishaps.

Worked like a Turk, today in the garage. Raining and T-storms, all day, so no yard work. Got the prop, spinner and canopy finished. (The spinner is dark sea gray) Also got the nose-blocks of the floats where I want them. Now it's sanding sealer and sanding w/400 grit sandpaper. The slots on top of the floats are where the tongue of the pylon will go into. Have to cut tailblocks and glue them, hopefully tonight so they can dry all night. I soldier on...

Meatloaf109 said:
Lord Calvert has been a friend of mine through, (and a possible contributor to), several mishaps.

In my drinking days I was always fond of Mr. Beefeater....

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2336g.JPG
    DSC_2336g.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC_2337.JPG
    DSC_2337.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC_2338.JPG
    DSC_2338.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Got the tail-blocks glued on, last night (Pic #1), and shaped them up this morning. Started with the sanding sealer and 400 grit sandpaper. Then it's several coats of 50/50 clear dope/thinner to seal the pores in the tissue. Next up, going to work on the pylons.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2339.JPG
    DSC_2339.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_2340.JPG
    DSC_2340.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_2341.JPG
    DSC_2341.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 84

Users who are viewing this thread