**** DONE: 1/48 Fairey Swordfish MK.I - Defense of Britain/Atlantic.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Unfortunately I couldn't get the wings to set up correctly when viewed from the front, almost as if they were reversed, something I will have to live with. One other builder had this problem but I couldn't find the site and see how he corrected it. C'est la vie. Off to camp now, how a good week gentlemen.

Geo

Good stuff Geo.
My brother was at a small show at his club on the weekend, when the newly restored Swordfish came in. He was able to get up close, including the cockpit, and had I known in advance, I could have asked him to get some detail pics - bit late now though !

Thanks guys. Andy, I can't say why the wings reacted the way they did as they fit fine during the dry fit. With the exception of the innards, which I was warned about, everything pretty much snaps together. One of the things I don't like are some of the build sequences regarding the PE. I'm adding the tail and center wing braces last as the tail ones get in the way of decaling and the wing one would have been destroyed trying to attach the outer wings. If Iwere to build another, iI might forgo the PE.

Geo

Thanks guys. Major decals are on save for the under wing roundels and the serial numbers. Several photos show no roundels on the bottom and as I can't see the bottom of my aircraft's wings, so be it.

003.JPG

Geo

That's looking the biz, Geo.
And yes, it must be rather large in 1/48th scale. It's surprising how big, and how heavy, the real thing is, too. When I towed one of the RNHF examples with my SWB Land Rover back in the 1990s, the crew were slightly concerned in case I ripped off the tail wheel. I asked them how heavy it was, with the under-slung (inert) torpedo, and was told 9 Tons (might have been 7, I can't remember) !
I was more concerned that the weight would rip off the rear cross-member of the 'Rover !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back