>> **** DONE: 1/48 HARVARD MK.IV - Prototype / Weird Aircraft / Trainers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks kindly. Last yeller coat is on and drying. Tomorrow I'll do the anti-glare panel and blue wing tips.

008.JPG

The antenna mast appears to be a silverish color

new-jpg.jpg

Hey Geo. A bit late for the discussion but I got the opportunity yesterday to plop my butt into a Harvard Mk. IV. Here are some shots from within the confines of the tight cockpit and note the green colour:

20170718_125835.jpg
20170718_130026.jpg
20170718_130029.jpg
20170718_130055.jpg

Here's a Mk II in maintenance, also similar green. Though the seats in this one are bare aluminum, the ones in the Mk IV that I sat in were the same green as the pit.

20170718_104319.jpg

Thanks guys and great shots Andy. Mr. Paint, "Interior Bronze Green - MPR-132 (which I can't get for a decent price as of yet) makes a very close match

The "easiest" way to replicate that green would be to figure out. a mixing ratio. There was a guy at an auto parts store where I used to pick up returns that would have been able to mix that color exactly. Too bad he's no longer around. If he were I'd asked him to give me the formula. Yellow planes are so much prettier than bare metal aren't they?

Put off the clear parts forever, all those little angles. Should have put it off longer. I usually never paint the interior color of the frames but there's just to much clear and the yellow would show through so I bit the bullet and started with green, followed by white to give a better base for the yellow, followed by 2 coats of yellow. So much paint was on I couldn't find the edges to score along with a knife so biting yet another bullet, i peeled back the bazillion bits of tape......:banghead:

001.JPG

It looks worse than it is, I'll just take my time. As Bill used to say..."I sailor on"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back