DONE: A-20G Havoc, RAAF No.22 Squadron, Kamiri 1944 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's excellent work Muller. Shame about the canopy. Last time I stuffed up a canopy on a Spit Viii I considered just covering it with a canvas look alike cover, as they would when the aircraft was parked at dispersal. Unfortunately that was not the only stuff up and it's still an uncompleted wall of shame candidate. :cry:

Your Boston looks superb and lets hope you get the canopy sorted.

Cheers

Peter

Keith, Hannant's list a vac form canopy (Squadron AFAIK), which is part of a set with two other aircraft, retailing at £4.50 plus shipping ! If this is taking the p**s price-wise, let me know asap and I'll see if I can mould an accurate one. (If it doesn't work out, then at least you know you can get one from Hannant's.)

Cheers lads :)

Sorry for the delay in replying, lost my 3G dongle, my niece hid it!

Cheers for the offer Terry, when i say the canopy is ruined, its not too bad, i got some P1200 wet n' dry paper today so I might give it another go, it's cracked in a few places though! I found a website that offers replacement parts and emailed them, but I have to wait till I get back to work to see if they replied. I found Italeri's distributer for the UK Ireland, but they don't have a website, I need to ring them. I never thought of seeing if there was a vacform option, cheers for that I'll check out Hannants site. :thumbleft:

Dan, I don't know what colour I'll do the panel wash, maybe a light brown colour? I've tried a technique I read about in a modelling book on this bird, mask the panel lines on the wings and using the AB, spray a fairly thinned mix of brown and black along the panel line (away for the leading edge) That pic doesnt really show it up though.

I won't be able to do any work on her till the middle of next week, busy working on my 1:1 scale house. :(

Hmm. A 1:1 scale house - bet that uses a lot of Tamiya masking tape! BTW Keith, that vac-form canopy set at Hannant's also includes the turret canopy. Try the 'T-Cut' polishing on the kit canopy, the dip or brush with 'Klear'. You should be able to get a replacement sent though. Vac forms are OK, but a bit tricky to bed-down properly sometimes, being so thin.

Got a bit more done, as you can see, I still need a canopy! Calling Italeri's UK Irl distributers on monday to see if they can help.

SL382587.jpg

SL382589.jpg

SL382590.jpg

Exhaust stains and bombs up next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back