**** DONE: Fw 189 A1 v7+1H - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm not - I know there's no way I'll be in on time! :)

could the judges please delay the deadline enough for them to be completed correctly? Be a shame to see a last minute rush curb some otherwise perfect work.

Well i personally have no problem with a slight extension if it gets a few more over the line, but one of our judges is disappearing overseas for a lengthy period VERY SOON.....so maybe we (the judges ) need to figure out how to get things resolved so as not to delay the results too long.

I've fixed the spinner problem, so I think I'll be OK with the deadline now, as long as another unforeseen problem doesn't come up.

Picture of the cleaned up spinners. The one on the left is the one that needed the major work. I've also been cleaning up the landing gear doors and have started painting them.

P8235471-.JPG

Last edited:
The masks are finally off!! All 80 of them! :headbang:

I did a light wash of very thinned black enamel last night, then the dull coat early this morning. After work today, I did light exhaust and gun blast staining with pastels and sealed them with more dull coat. Then it was time to remove the masks.

Painting the props spinners, and installing the landing gear next!

P8235473.JPG
P8235476.JPG
P8235478.JPG
P8235480.JPG
P8235482.JPG
P8235484.JPG

Last edited:
Getting closer!
Finished painting the landing gear doors, assembling the props, and installing the landing gear.

P8265490.JPG
P8255486.JPG
P8255487.JPG

Last edited:
Hey I am getting into this thread kind of late.... and I read the whole thing!!! Now I have a question : if you were going to do it all over, would you just put the old MPM kit aside and buy a Great Wall kit?
I ask because I have an MPM hig-tech kit sitting in my stash, and I look at it once in a while... in fact, all the hype about the Great Wall kit made me bring it out to gawk at... but after reading this, I am starting to wonder.. especially the parts about lining up everything and those rough finished parts. So.... what would you do?
Steve

Hey I am getting into this thread kind of late.... and I read the whole thing!!! Now I have a question : if you were going to do it all over, would you just put the old MPM kit aside and buy a Great Wall kit?
I ask because I have an MPM hig-tech kit sitting in my stash, and I look at it once in a while... in fact, all the hype about the Great Wall kit made me bring it out to gawk at... but after reading this, I am starting to wonder.. especially the parts about lining up everything and those rough finished parts. So.... what would you do?
Steve

Looking at your web site Steve, I would say you're not beyond a good challenge with the MPM kit!!!!!!

Having said that though, I have the Great Wall kit in my stash and am quite looking forward to the day I pull it for building. The on sprue detail is impressive and very crisp and the instructions.........well a bit like a manual really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back