**** DONE: GB-44 1/48 A-10 Thunderbolt II - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Was that gap going to be visible with the engine cover closed, or are you going to build it with the hatch open? I'm asking because this is the same kit I may tackle later in this GB and I plan on leaving the hatch closed.

Was that gap going to be visible with the engine cover closed, or are you going to build it with the hatch open? I'm asking because this is the same kit I may tackle later in this GB and I plan on leaving the hatch closed.

Glenn, Intention was always to close the hatch, the gap was very visible through the back end so I reduced that visibility....I mean it's only going to be obvious if you actually look in there, I simply didn't like the look so it had to be covered.....there are still a couple of other raised areas but I wasn't going to get carried away.
Kit is by no means perfect, there has been a lot of dry fitting, trimming and sanding...repeat on most parts...

Anyway next pics up, more Engine build...engines in place front sections and side hatches...too.
18_Engine Assy_4110.jpg
19_Engine Assy_4114.jpg
20_Engine Assy_4117.jpg
21_Engine Assy_4121.jpg

Thanks Guys.

Glenn another thing I did was remove the rear 5mm of part C34 as there seemed to be some interference from the lugs on C8/C9 when fitting the forward Nose/Fan section, it simply made the fit much better. As the whole thing was closed up it didn't affect anything.
Also assembled the rear Tail components.

21a_Engine_4150.JPG
22_Tail Parts_4151.jpg
23_Tail Parts_4152.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back