**** DONE: GB-49 1:48 Spitfire Mk.I (EARLY) - Favourite A/C of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all. Bottom decals, which are all stencils in this case are on. Airfix included white ones for the black side which is nice. From references these were either included on the real aircraft or maybe they weren't. I likes 'em so I included them. Proven wrong, I can correct it with a few swipes of the brush

IMG_0001.JPG

Top side will be done shortly. Airfix is a bit off with regards to fuselage codes/roundels locations. The right side shot is said to be WZ⦿H but it could also be a "U"

Screenshot 2021-03-26 a.jpg

Looking good Geo.
I'm a bit late with these, but here's some detail pics of the World's oldest Spitfire, the Mk.1 at RAFM Cosford.
Note the "post" sight on the cowling, with the ring sight in the cockpit, and the insulator ( possibly flexible mount ? ) at the base of the aerial mast.

Cosfird Consvn Nov 13 092.jpg
Geo Spit 1.jpg
Geo Spit 2.jpg
Geo Spit 3.jpg
Geo Spit 4.jpg
Geo Spit 5.jpg
Geo Spit 6.jpg

Thanks Terry. No provision for the ring and bead site unfortunately and I can see the ring in my photo. I can add black paint to the base of the antenna mast though. Squadron code and roundel to add and the decals are done

Decals are complete. Had a slight suicidal thought; the other boxing also has an early Spitfire and maybe it had a ring and bead sight. This would have involved prying off the CA'd canopy and windscreen but thankfully they weren't there either. Odd that Airfix would miss this. On a happy note, Airfix did include the the bottom of the antenna as shown in Terry's photo above. Waiting for the decals to dry and then I'll clear coat them and then flat coat the model. In the meantime I'll start decals on tother

Users who are viewing this thread

Back