**** DONE: GB-52 1/48 Ju188A-2 - Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys.

Well some other things have gotten in the way over the past week and prevented the progress needed to finish by Sunday....:(

and when I did get to painting had a few more issues there as well, having said that things did eventually fall into place and go well I got the majority of the remaining primary paint on the airframe yesterday and today. Tiny bit more "Black" striping to do and some touchups with the RLM 76 to tidy up all the edges too where the RLM 22 didn't perform as it should have....

So here is where I am at...so trying to now finish her up by the following weekend now.....
112_Camo Stripes_0042.jpg
113_Camo Stripes_0044.jpg
114_Camo Stripes_0046.jpg

Thanks Guys.

Yesterday was able to do as I said, tidy up the RLM 22 Edges with the thinned RLM 76 pale mix, first 2 pics show the slight difference in the pattern as the RLM 22 feathered pattern was a bit heavy with some fine splatter here and there. The Thinned 76 went on almost perfectly and I got it all done without interruption or problem, happy with the result, which is what I wanted earlier in the week...!

Today I glossed over the majority of the airframe....and even got decals on late in the afternoon...so pics of this tomorrow, while the camera charges.

115_Wing stripes Before_0053.jpg
116_Wing Stripes After_0061.jpg
117_Pattern Tidy Up_0062.jpg
118_Pattern Tidy Up_0067.jpg

Thanks very much guys....

Ok have managed to get most of the relevant decals on, Port Wing Upper, fuselage and Fuselage sides, yesterday and this morning.
I didn't like the super thin Red Border on the Aircraft code "H" it was damn near invisible, so I dug out some thin red stripe and proceeded to cut the 12 small sections of Red and place them all around the Code so it actually stands out more like it should to identify the Staffel Colour.....yeah, that was an extra hour's work...! but worth it.
So I will continue on this week and get it finished up.

119_Gloss & Decals_0069.jpg
120_Gloss & Decals_0083.jpg
121_Gloss & Decals_0072.jpg
122_Gloss & Decals_0082.jpg
123_Port Wing & Fuselage Deacals_0089.jpg
124_Wing & Fuselge Decals_0088.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back