**** DONE: GB-52 1:72 North American B-25J Mitchell - Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PE done on sides of cockpit and rear and waist MG's completed. On the waist MG's I cut off the existing kit MG's and put on resin barrels. Also added the cross hairs iron sights for the waist MG's which was part of the PE set that came with the kit. The fuselage is now ready to be glued together.

The front entry hatch gave me fits so I am leaving that off until after I glue the fuselage together.

20211218_183318x700.jpg
20211218_183309x700.jpg

Fine work. Dave, if there is any way you can delay installing those waist MG's until well after the fuselage is glued together then I'd suggest you do that. They WILL be knocked off otherwise.
I hear ya Andy. I am going to leave them off. Thanks for that. I did have to glue in the rear MG's and they got bent to rat Sh!t during the gluing of the fuselage. They are the kit MG's so I might just cut them off and install the resin ones.

Thanks guys. I have the fuselage together and have primed and prepped the surfaces in anticipation of an all natural all finish. It's curing at the moment. I don't believe I mentioned what a/c I would be doing but at this point I am all in on the box cover B-25J Angel of Mercy. I will post an update later today.

So, doing Angel of Mercy this aircraft did not have Port Side MG's but instead had a panel for the bombardier which I believe allowed him to take control of the aircraft on the final bomb run and line up the shot in conjunction with the Norden bombsight? At any rate there is no option to add this control panel to the port side so I started scratch building what I hope will be a decent representation of this panel.

Also, the white metal add-on I got had a seat and floor for this area which is not suppose to go here so, I sawed off the seat which left a hole in the floor. I ground it down to a relatively flat surface with my Dremel and added a piece of styrene sheet overlay. Thinking I really, really don't want a tail sitter, I sawed off the back of the metal seat, glued it to the bottom of the nose tub and then glued the floor over top that. I still have the white metal floor in the nose but also now have the seat back for extra weight.

20211229_160832x500A.jpg

20211229_135840x500.jpg

20211229_135832x500.jpg

Last edited:
Additional work completed.

Engines. The PE ignition wires required the patience of a saint to get on. I didn't add push rods for the engines or wiring harness. Pushrods I think wouldn't really be seen with the ignition wires but I might add the wiring harness if I think I can this one in under the wire.
20211231_132414x500.jpg

Wings.
20211231_103416x500.jpg

Vertical stabs
20211231_104235x500.jpg

Landing gear. Added some copper wire for struts. The landing gear is white metal.
20211231_110534x500.jpg

Landing grear complete. The tires are from Eduard's Brassin line. and are very nice. They came with the kit.
20211231_141915x500.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back