**** DONE: GB-55 1:72 Gotha Go-244 - MTO III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some progress pictures. The decals look like they're well past their best before date. I'm going to hang them in the window in the sun to see if they clear up a bit. I did contact Italeri and though the kit is no longer being produced they claim they have decals for 8.00 euro. so I sent away for them. Onward with the rag and tube. I added the internal framework with styrene rods which you won't be able to see when it's done but I know they're in there. Not sure what the interior colour would be especially the skin but I think I'll just do it all with RLM 02 and dry brush the frame with silver here and there for scratches and wear and tear.

decal1.jpg

Go244 (6)r.jpg

Go244 (7)r.jpg

Well after a few days in the sun the decals appear to be somewhat better in shape. Their performance has yet to be seen. I'm still counting on Italeri being ale to send me new ones ! Before and after pics.

decal1.jpg

decal2.jpg

They're looking good so far.
I used some very old decals in an old ESCI F-5E kit not long ago, but sprayed them with a clear coat before use. Most of the decals I needed from this sheet worked without problem, although they took a little longer to release from the backing paper, and only a couple of the unimportant stencil decals either broke up or dissolved. I had no problem at all with the more "solid" decals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back