**** DONE: GB-60 1/48 Bristol Blenheim Mk.I - Zombie Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks a bunch folks. Still doing the catch-up to where I'm at now.

It was here that I made my big mistake. I had always wanted to try the hairspray method for wear and tear. So, after applying black to the panel lines, I gave it a good spray with the hairspray (the garage smelled like a bordello) thinking I could cut the top coat back too bare metal to show some wear and tear. "BIG, BIG MISTAKE" the hairspray has worked so well that I can't even cut back to the black and in reality I should have applied the hairspray before spraying the panel lines.

20231104 1.JPG

Top coat applied to the underside. I used a base of SMS P74 Azure Blue and toned it down with a light spray of Vallejo 71.257 Light Blue.

20231104 2.JPG

:D

Very paint dependent it seems. I put a lot of hairspray on my Frank (too much as there was some reaction with the paint) and had to brush pretty hard with a cut-back paint brush to get the Tamiya paint off. Mind you, I left the paint to dry for several days - not intentionally but it's just how things worked out.

Thanks guys. Pushing on with the catch-up with another little mishap. Picked the aerial up, noticed it had a very slight bend and gave it a gentle nudge to straighten it.............................
20231109 1.JPG

Not a problem though, just fix up a nice new much firmer one.
20231109 2.JPG

Fitted the exhaust and exhaust collector rings.
20231109 3.JPG

Many thanks for the kind words folks. Now were at real spray time.

The beast is masked and the lighter sand colour applied, I used SMS PL75 Mid Stone.
20231113 1.JPG

The mask was removed with just a few minor fixings needed.
20231113 2.JPG

Next day the second darker camo applied, I used SMS PL34 Pilbara, again only a few minor touch-ups required. I also used an Abteilung 502 Liquid Mask to cover the lighter camo, I find the product flows better than most others, but sill gives a good protective cover, it is blue and you can see traces of it on the nose. Pilbara by the way is a region at the top end of Western Australia and is renowned for its rock colours which I guess this one was copied from.
20231115 1.JPG

These I took a couple of days back, working on detailing the legs.

The legs before fitment.
20231030 2.JPG

With some little details added. I should have done this before fitting to the wing but dumb cluck here raced ahead and then had to do it the hard way.
20231117 1.JPG

20231117 2.JPG

Painted.
20231117 3.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back