**** DONE: Revell 1/72nd scale Lancaster BIII, 'Oozlum Bird', 625 Sqn, RAF, GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Username: Airframes.
Category: Judge;
Kit: Revell Lancaster BI/III
Scale: 1/72nd.
Out of the box build, minimum modification.

Here's my second contribution to this Group Build, which I'll start in a day or two, when I finish off the Boston. Meanwhile, the story behind the aircraft, and my reason for choosing it as the subject, is told in the PDF below.

Attachments

• Buys 098.jpg
    Buys 098.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 388
  • Microsoft Word - Avro Lancaster BIII Build.pdf
    6 MB · Views: 268
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much VB. I've wanted to do this for nearly nineteen years! Someday, when I make enough space, I'll do it again, for myself - but in 1/48th scale!

Great subject Terry. Especially taking into consideration background and wartime fate of the aircraft and its crew but also events in 1991 you wrote about. There's no doubt this is a special build and certainly another one I'm looking forward to fallow (and I'm sure I'm not the only one).

Great choice Terry, subject, kit and aircraft! Can't wait :D
Just read the PDF brilliant article there Terry! Love the painting too.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks very much guys. Evan, I got the Kiwi page, which I've used before, but the Lanc pictures wouldn't open. No problem though, as I've been in three Lancs, and got those pics (on slides) plus loads of other wartime pics.

Now now Red Two, watch it, or you'll be demoted to Blue Three! The pics are the BBMF, East Kirkby and, at the time Strathallan Lancs. Should have some taken whilst airborne too.

I was rather fortunate, though the best bit was trying to chase a Spit (PR19) and Hurricane - in a Chipmunk!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back