**** DONE: Unofficial Bf 109-x GB: 1/48 Bf 109E-7

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ralph Haus

Tech Sergeant
Jul 24, 2016
Leander Texas
Username: Ralph Haus
First name: Ralph
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Eduard (kit 84178)
Model: Bf 109E-7
Scale: 1/48

Second 109 to be started. Not even sure where or when I got this kit?? May have been one of Don's cats that left it at my door? It will be a unique series to my 109 stable. I will be going with the Bf 109E-7/Trop, Erich Gerlitz, CO of 2./JG 27, Libya, summer 1941.

Surprised even myself, I actually have all of the paint (RLM) colors needed for this build!! So no hurry up paint orders, or yet more kits, this month. Going to be a fun one to paint!!

Box art: source-scalemates

Eduard 109E-7 84178.jpg

Scheme chosen:

Bf 108E-7_Trop.jpg

Last edited:
Not posting did not mean not busy. Having chosen to do yet another open engine theme it just added so much more detailing, but for me, that's where some of the fun is. This kit has an open engine or closed engine build option. The open engine option instructions do not address the engine cover, or the gun cover like the previous G-6 build did. I guess I'll just finish the 'fixed' associated pieces and stack them next to the model!

Bf 109E maintenance.jpg

The engine should show well...

Bf 109E-7 engine.jpg

Some IP detailing ...

Bf 109E-7 IP.jpg

Bf 109E-7 Cockpit Port.jpg

And the seat area. I did use the provided decal seat belts, other than being seatbeltedout from the last build, other than the upper section, most likely will not be seen very well anyway (and the fuzz/bristles seen are now gone). Than and the broken area is now flat down..,,

Bf 109E-7 seatbelts.jpg

And the inner stuff...

Bf 109E-7 panels.jpg

First colors down! Been distracted with wife's, last week, shoulder replacement surgery. Blessed with having two daughters to take up the majority of the recovery efforts. One more shoulder to go (in 6 months), and I'll have a total 'bionic' wife. Not sure if that will translate into her working more/harder though?

Attachments

• Bf 109E-7 First Colors.jpg
    Bf 109E-7 First Colors.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back