Dragon 1/72 P-61B – Lady in the Dark.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The fifth and final week of the "Lady in the Dark" is finished. The week was spent detailing the display case. I added a sheet of styrene to represent the taxi way. The reference photos show the taxi and runways were slightly raised with drainage on the sides. I covered the base with a sheet of sand. I then used gravel to line the drainage areas. Finally I blended some grass and shrubs to the edges. In the section behind the aircraft I created a puddle and added some tall grass as well.

I then used some Airfix accessories for the ammunition crates and oil barrels. The barrels were kind of bland in detail. I used some styrene rod to create the top lip and make the cap. On one barrel I drilled out the cap. This barrel was then laid on its side and using Tamiya smoke paint I "spilled" a little oil out of the opening and on the ground. Finally I used various shade of brown, grey and black pastel chalk to create stains and grime on the taxiway. The aircraft was then placed and glued down.

Halfway thru the week the new nameplate arrived. I used some sheet styrene to make a holder to mount the nameplate. This completed the project.

As for the kit itself, with the exception of the boom and nose fit the rest of the build went very smoothly. The instructions were presented and arranger very well. The Print and Scale decals worked out well. The few kit decals I used also worked very well. It is kind of a shame the kit had the "Lady" in the incorrect colors and the wrong serial number. Overall the kit was a nice build. The Scene-A-rama diorama kit worked out great. While I do not typically build the smaller aircraft in 1/72 scale this was an enjoyable build. Thank you for following along with this build. Happy modeling!

You can see all the photos and details from start to finish in my build log at: Dragon 1/72 P-61B Lady in the dark

DSCN9151.jpg

DSCN9155.jpg

DSCN9156.jpg

DSCN9181.jpg

DSCN9182.jpg

DSCN9184.jpg

DSCN9187.jpg

DSCN9189.jpg

DSCN9195.jpg

DSCN9198.jpg

DSCN9201.jpg

DSCN9205.jpg