Earhart's Plane Found?!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I would be pissed if i gave some one a Million Dollars and all they showed me was that. It would appear that the camera is moving in the current while having it`s tether line trapped. The wire and rope are no doubt parts off the camera tether.

Rich

According to the lawsuit, the wire and rope are definitely Earhart's airplane! Don't forget the banjo, violin and skeletons in the video as well.
I will cut the searchers a little bit of slack on this particular video. The ROV was literally at the end of its tether and did not have enough power to overcome the weight of the cables of the boat bobbing on the surface. That particular ROV was not designed to operate at that depth and this dive was not part of the original plan.

The ROV used in 2012 could dive deeper on the occasions when it was operating properly. On the documentaries of underwater searches that I have seen, it seems that equipment failures always seems to eat up a significant percentage of the search time. The same thing happened on the 2012 search for Earhart. The cameras were down so much of the time that they never got to the area of the anomaly.

In fact, they had no idea that there was an anomaly during the expedition. The sonar images that included the anomaly could not be viewed in real-time and were not available to the searchers until they got home. The anomaly was discovered several months after the expedition, almost by accident.
I would truly like to have a job where noone expects my equipment to work properly.

100% BS - with a little research one could poke 1000 holes in another half-witted conspiracy theory although the web page is pretty!

Last edited:
Maybe Whitehead came and rescued them in his flying canoe and they floated off happily to the secret Nazi base in Antartica...

That's why there's a cover-up... :evil4:
If she ended up at the secret Nazi base in Antarctica then you just have to watch Iron Sky to know that she went from there to the moon. That blond is probably Earhart's daughter :lol:

It is indeed a strange scenerio but then Fame is a double edge sword. Look at the problems fame caused Lucky Lindy. I cost him his son's life and he had to leave the US to get some respite. Elvis, the same. He couldn't go anywhere public without being mobbed. I don't know enough about her to say but was Earhart comfortable being Earhart or was this her chance at escape in a more normal life?

Bottom line, she was a mediocre pilot with an inept navigator and stretched her limits too far one last time. A publicity hound, she could no more hide her identity for years than could Elvis, or Hitler. Get over it and let her rest in peace.

Bottom line, she was a mediocre pilot with an inept navigator and stretched her limits too far one last time. A publicity hound, she could no more hide her identity for years than could Elvis, or Hitler. Get over it and let her rest in peace.
While I agree, I do hope they find her plane just to finally shut up all the conspiracy theorists (or at least most of them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back