Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

German hangar hardstands airfield Coquelles France splinter protection camo netting FW58

1710160245800.png

1710160093077.png

1710160181474.png

1. Foto Box für Bf 109 Flugzeug der Luftwaffe in Coquelles Frankreich JG 52 ! | eBay
  2. Foto Flugzeug Box der Luftwaffe auf Feldflugplatz in Coquelles Frankreich | eBay
  3. Foto Focke Wulf Fw 58 Flugzeug der Luftwaffe in Coquelles Frankreich | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Great images! There were only three Flakturme built in Berlin, Flakturm I at Zoologischer Garten, Flakturm II at Friedrichshain and Flakturm III at Humboldthain. Based on the disposition of buildings in the background of the lowest image, this is Flakturm III, which was located to the north of the city centre. The orientation of the Rotes Rathaus, the tower at centre above the 'O' in th word Original with the Berlinerdom behind the steeple above the I in Original places the tower as Nr III. The caption is not accurate, however. The Berlin Flakturme were not armed with 8.8 cm guns, but, as quoted from a translated letter to Reichsmarshal Goring from Hauptmann von Below dated September 9 1940 "on each tower there are to be four twin 10.5 cm naval guns, several 3.7 cm and 2 cm guns." The 10.5 cm guns were later changed to 12.8 cm guns.
nuuumannn nuuumannn It seems Flakturm II was the ZOO 01-05-1945 is not 1/IV/1945

1710162271349.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm not sure but IMHO that's a batterie of an artillery regiment. It's possible a flak batterie. I can't work out the two locations from the 1940 and the 1943 but the next onese are Calais, Antwerp, Lakhdenpokhya , Ladoga lake, Staraja Russa. In Russia all the locations indicate the North Group. The unit took part in the Leningrad siege and the fighting at the northern area, eg the attack on the Suho island.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back