eBay: Heinkel He115

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Snautzer01

Honourably banned
Mar 26, 2007
he115_14.jpg

he115_15.jpg

He115_16.jpg

He115_17_tail.jpg

He115_18.jpg

he115_19.jpg

He115_20.jpg

He115_21.jpg

Last edited:
The second shot is actually a Fokker T.VIII, which is an awesome treat!

I have to agree with the ID. This is a Fokker T.8. Here is a little bit enlaged pic below of a such float bomber found at FalkeEins' site. I would like to pay your attention to the windscreen that is different from the He-115 one. The He-115 had the flat central glass of the windshield. Also the radio antenna is attached at the different places for both planes. The nose of the He-115 had a different layout of the frame and there was a station in front of the windscreen with a glass frame that could be open at the top of the nose. Additionally the He-115 had landing lights mounted either at leading edges of both wings or did't have them at all. The Fokker T.8 had it at the leading edge of the port wing only. Spinners for the He-115 I don't mention at all. There are other minor differences but these mentioned should be enough to identify the plane correctly.

FokkerT8.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely a Fokker T.VIII, compare it with the picture directly below it. The canted radio aerial and differing engine cowls and propellers are a start. There are also differences in the float bracing struts.

France, Brest

he115_28.JPG

he115_27.jpg

he115_29.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back