eBay: Loire-Nieuport LN401

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMHO, this is the same kite in all of the pics. Just the different aircraft side and the time these images were taken.

It is still the same location. The guys trying to sell the shots want to make their offer more atractive. You know, if the location is the same for all, my one can be different. Just a kind of propaganda. :lol:

Snautzer01 Snautzer01 I have digged a little bit on the Le LN-401, According to the french sources the plane was shot down during a mission at the Berlaimont area against the 5th and 7th Panzerdivision being stationed in Foret-de-Mormal/Le Quesnoy/Aulnoye-Aymeries area. The two squadrons AB-2 and AB-4 based in Berck airfield got the order for the attack on 19 May 1940. 20 bombers LN-401 and LN-411 took off at 18:15. At the target area the plane got AA fire of the Flak Regiment 202. The Le LN-401 "10" belonged to the AB-2 Squadron and was flown by l'EV1 R. Faivre. The Faivere's plane was hit by the flak and then was attacked by 4 Bf 109s. The LN-401 was no match for the Messerschmitts and very quickly Faivre had to land south of Cambrai. That's a brief depiction of the mission but I marked on a map all names of towns that appeared in the French article I read. Havrincourt is just south of Cambrai and that's the correct location IMHO.
However there is one more "10" that paricipated in the mission. It's Le LN-411 of the AB-4 flown by l'EV1 P. Decaix. The engine of his plane was hit and the pilot had to make an emergency belly landing in close field. Unfortunatly the place location isn't mantioned. But judging by the info he had to land near the target area. The pilot was caught by Germans and became the POW. Same thing happened to Faivre.

mapa3a.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back