Eduard 1/48 Bf-110C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Jan and Karl.

Well the Wespe decals from Kagero are turning out to be a bitch. Very thin and no allowance for the extreme curvature of the nose. I'm tryng to slit them and apply decal solution to make them sit but I don't hold much hope. I may sand them off and revert to a set of Eagle Cals but the wasp is a bit of a different style.

We'll see what happens.

happy0034.gif

Damned if haven't laughed so much in a long time………………..I think!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Update on the sad state of my Wespe decals.

First off, looking at the Kagero profile below and the reference photo in thread 103, the wings on the Wespe emblem sort of sweep back. I have 3 sets of decals with Wespe emblems and they all go a bit vertical first before sweeping back. The solution: scan the Kagero profile and isolate the wings in photoshop, scale the wings and create my own decal for the wings. I did the same the white "S". The first photo after the profile shows the home made decals on the top and the ones that came with the Kagero book on the bottom. Note the difference in the wing shapes. (I do have to make some for the starboard side still).

To get the Wespe to go on as easily as possible, I started with the head, cutting it away from the body. The 3rd photo shows how the head went on, wrinkles everywhere. I'm still busy touching up and eliminating the buldges with decal solution.

The last photo shows the port side with work still to do. Hope to get it done this weekend.

Attachments

• Kagero Scan.jpg
    Kagero Scan.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 187
  • 100212 Decals.jpg
    100212 Decals.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 165
  • 100212 Wespe Stbd.jpg
    100212 Wespe Stbd.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 100212 Wespe Port.jpg
    100212 Wespe Port.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 164
Thanks guys. I have a scheme from Eagle Cals and it looks like they gave some thought to the curvature issue. The forward edge of the head has slots cut into it. Unforunately, the emblem was a different style than the one in the reference pic.

I'lll muddle throught with these. Not done yet and I'm sure I can get them to look better with some work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back