Evan's photography phun

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

They are called 1 ton bomb. I think it means 2000 lb.
I am grateful for a good opportunity, Eric.

Last edited:
You are welcome, Aaron!

Older Osaka people received tens of thousand small and large bombs from the B-29s during the war.
They didn't necessarily blame the US as it was war but they needed a small memorial place for the victims.
Frankly I did not know what this place is well till I visited a few days ago because I was not born in Osaka.
This is a war museum to my eyes though it has no name of war but peace officially.

Sorry, Eric and guys, I have talked too much here.
Let me launch a thread for it in the future.
Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Thanks Wayne. It's okay Shinpachi-san, there was a lot of misunderstanding between our cultures in those days that were made worse by war. It is good to learn more about other cultures and people. It helps to break down stereotypes and ignorance.

Finally! I got to shoot an airshow with the new Nikon over the weekend. The Riverside Airshow was a little leaner than previous years with all the sequestration and all, but they made the best of it. Jacob and I spent the day on the tarmac shooting airplanes. :) There is a full set of galleries at the link below:
Van Gilder Aviation Photography, Riverside Airshow 2013-

Samples? Sure thing.

500mm shot, hand-held with no image stabilization at 1/100. Riverside PD Tactical demo
EVG_8098.jpg

John Collver racing the Jet Car
EVG_8896.jpg

T-6 Texan formation
EVG_7916.jpg

Lady Alice
EVG_9118.jpg

And one for you, Terry. ;)
EVG_8281.jpg

One from Jacob, who is developing quite an eye.
DSC_9187.jpg

One of the finest animal training programs in the country is right here in my city. Called "America's Teaching Zoo", Moorpark College's Exotic Animal Training and Management program teaches many aspects of animal training and behavior. They have a zoo on campus with reptiles, amphibians, felines, canines and primates. I was impressed! I was a chaperone for my daughter's second grade class on a field trip to the zoo for a tour and animal show.

EVG_1444.jpg
EVG_1475.jpg
EVG_1495.jpg
EVG_1533.jpg
EVG_1576.jpg
EVG_1619.jpg
EVG_1623.jpg
EVG_1667.jpg

Last edited:
What an amazing experience you had with your family there!
I also often visit a small zoo of my town to feel another world of another intelligence.
Thanks for sharing, Eric:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back