**** FINISHED: 1/48 Spitfire MkVIII - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Username: Crimea River
First name: Andy
Category: Judge – Non competing
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: ICM
Model Type: Spitfire Mk VIII
Aftermarket addons: Resin seat, Ad Astra masks in lieu of decals, plenty of scratch built crap.

Finished Spitfire Mk VIII of 155 Squadron as flown by F/L Paul Ostrander. Here are the 6 views:

120817 12 oclock.jpg

120817 2 oclock.jpg

120817 4 oclock.jpg

120817 6 oclock.jpg

120817 8 oclock.jpg

120817 10 oclock.jpg

And 4 optionals:

120817 Finish 12.jpg

120817 Finish 13.jpg

120817 Finish 14.jpg

120817 Finish 23.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am VERY impressed with your painting! The codes and the roundels are superb, way more authentic than decals.
I would try, but "I's skeered".
Great all 'round, actually!

Thanks very much everyone. I see a couple of things I need to fix now that I look closer at the pics but for the sake of this GB, it will stand as is.

I would try, but "I's skeered".

Nothing to it Paul. Easier than doing canopy frames.

Beautiful job Andy!

One thing stands out though (just a small nitpick!) -the cleanliness of the wheels in comparison to the rest of the airframe. Maybe just a light dusting or fading on the tyres?

Thanks everyone. Evan, great comment, thanks. I had done the tires with pastels but when I had to hold the wheels to flatten them, most of the pastel came off and I forgot to go over the area again. Good of you to pick that up - I will fix this for an upcoming show in September.

Heck, I missed that! Andy, note that the earth in the regions operated in was a sort of 'dun' colour, ranging from reddish brown to yellowish brown, so the dust was an ochre colour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back