Finished Shots of Each Build....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Completely agree with Bill's post. I never think of it as a competition myself, but rather but as sharing of experiences with like-minded friends and learning many new things as well. Besides group builds can motivate you to choose a modeling subject(s) which you might never build otherwise.

The quality is so good I feel like I don't belong. You guys make me try to do better just by demonstrating how stunning a model can be.

I used to feel the same. Build by build I'm a little happier with my builds. I was doing some 1/72nds of the USS Yorktown sqns. I went back and looked at one yesterday to apply some decals. I had to laff out loud.

Like the others have said, it's the participating that counts. Even Jimmy Doolittle had to take basic flying lessons. We look forward to watching you grow as a modeler.

Great work fom everyone.
I missed out on this one but am making up for it by doing three for the Eastern front GB. This forum has got me hooked on modeling again and I am learing more and pushing myself to improve my techniques with each build. Something which I would have done but at a much slower rate and with a lot more frustration than having the help and support I have found here.
So to anyone who feels in anyway reluctant I say give it a go.

The judging was actually done, but there's been a bit of a mess up, due to changes in various peoples domestic situations.
It's now in hand, and the results should be posted very soon.
As for the Member's Choice polls, Dan had been organising these, but he's away on business, so again, it's being reviewed.
Bear with us, and all will be rosy - or Liz, or Mary or .....

I remember some of the Icons and I think the He 219 icon was the last iteration of ideas. I don't know beyond that. I'm patient but excited as well... you know, kids on a long trip... are we there yet?... are we there yet?... are we there yet?.... :)

I made a few some time ago.

As I recall an icon with Bf 110 was chosen by majority of votes for Nightfighters GB, but can't seem to recall what was done for Commonwealth GB... Are we supposed to put the icons to our signatures ourselves or are you going to do it Wojtek? I'm okay with either way, just give me a nod if it's allowed and I do it by myself. :)

I'll do it Igor. Just we should wait I think. There is always some to do with their replacing when all is finished with judging. Don't worry. All will take their correct icons soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back